Baseball Miniseries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball Miniseries

Yesterday, HBO knocked on your door requesting that you write a screenplay for a 10-part miniseries to debut in Fall of 2015. Assume you are extroadinarily gifted with screenwriting and directing so the final product receives critical acclaim and gains a large following.

Which topic do you chronicle? The 100,000 infield? Murderer's row? The 1908 season? The 1960 World Series? Major League integration? It is all on you.

You have total reign over this. You can play whatever role you like alongside screenwriting as well as cast anyone you want (though these types of things typically feature obscure actors). Provide a title, a synopsis of each episode, the filming set; whatever you want to include.
    "Allen Sutton Sothoron pitched his initials off today."--1920s article

The Bad Guys Won-the 1986 Baseball Season, with episodes focusing on the four teams that would make the playoffs, but also players like Tom Seaver, George Foster, Dave Kingman and Donnie Moore, the Astros staff and the talk about possible cheating, the Cardinals as they realize how good the Mets really are, the faded promise of the Cubs, the hot rookies like Canseco, Joyner and Vincent "Bo" Jackson.
    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

I'd like to see something on the 1869-1870 Cincinnati Red Stockings (the first openly professional team), the move of most of the management and players to a new Red Stockings club in Boston, the domination of the Boston Red Stockings over the fledgling 1871-1875 National Association of Professional Base Ball Players, causing the dissolution of the NA and the formation of the National League, with all the various power struggles involved.
      Rockies fan living in Texas

Comment

I'll take the 1912 World Series. Wonderful match between two highly talented teams in historic Fenway's first year and the bygone Polo Grounds. For Boston, you have the Speed Boys, perhaps the greatest defensive outfield ever assembled. For New York, you have Master Matty and battery mate Chief Meyers, a whiz in his own right. Let's not forget John McGraw, the greatest manager of all time and one of baseball's most interesting characters. The Series ends after 8 games following a heartbreaking miff by Fred Snodgrass.
        "Allen Sutton Sothoron pitched his initials off today."--1920s article

Comment

Originally posted by Danielh41 View Post
          I'd like to see something on the 1869-1870 Cincinnati Red Stockings (the first openly professional team), the move of most of the management and players to a new Red Stockings club in Boston, the domination of the Boston Red Stockings over the fledgling 1871-1875 National Association of Professional Base Ball Players, causing the dissolution of the NA and the formation of the National League, with all the various power struggles involved.
          I actually started research and writing on the 1869 Cincinnati club a few years ago. It stalled out, but it's still on my bucket list of writing projects to pick back up.
          The Writer's Journey

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X