Yankees in the World Series -DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankees in the World Series -DVD

Are there any DVD's of the Yankees in the World Series from say 1923-1956? I would love to see some old World Series Games if there are any out there.
    Axes grind and maces clash!

If you're looking for the old films of the World Series from that era, your best bet is this dvd set: http://www.amazon.com/MLB-Vintage-Wo...s+world+series It covers each series the Yankees played in from 1943-2000. Now, if you're interested in actual television broadcasts, the options are quite limited.....the oldest broadcasts are games 6 and 7 of the 1952 World Series (they're actually up on youtube) followed by partial broadcasts from 1955, 1956 (including Larsen's perfect game), 1957-the entire series is supposedly in existence (game 3 is on youtube as well), game 7 of 1960, partial broadcasts of 1961, and I've only seen a clip of an Elston Howard at bat from 1963. The first World Series broadcast was 1947, but I doubt we'll ever see anything that old unless it turns up at a garage sale (so, there is a slim chance.) anything else from that time would just be radio broadcasts - of which there are several floating around. You can also check out this site:http://www.raresportsfilms.com/baseball.html Hope this helps.
    ..."I might have been given a bad break, but I've got an awful lot to live for."

Comment

Originally posted by Gehrig27 View Post
      If you're looking for the old films of the World Series from that era, your best bet is this dvd set: http://www.amazon.com/MLB-Vintage-Wo...s+world+series It covers each series the Yankees played in from 1943-2000. Now, if you're interested in actual television broadcasts, the options are quite limited.....the oldest broadcasts are games 6 and 7 of the 1952 World Series (they're actually up on youtube) followed by partial broadcasts from 1955, 1956 (including Larsen's perfect game), 1957-the entire series is supposedly in existence (game 3 is on youtube as well), game 7 of 1960, partial broadcasts of 1961, and I've only seen a clip of an Elston Howard at bat from 1963. The first World Series broadcast was 1947, but I doubt we'll ever see anything that old unless it turns up at a garage sale (so, there is a slim chance.) anything else from that time would just be radio broadcasts - of which there are several floating around. You can also check out this site:http://www.raresportsfilms.com/baseball.html Hope this helps.
      That DVD set sounds pretty cool. Is there any film, if it even exists, on the Yankees from 1923-1939 in the World Series? Radio broadcast would be cool. Never even thought about those. Do you know if any exist from 1923-1939? Thanks so much for the information.

Comment

Originally posted by jsontag View Post
        That DVD set sounds pretty cool. Is there any film, if it even exists, on the Yankees from 1923-1939 in the World Series? Radio broadcast would be cool. Never even thought about those. Do you know if any exist from 1923-1939? Thanks so much for the information.
        I have some Yankees World Series radio broadcasts from 1936 1937 1938 and 1939. I think seven games in all from that period.

Comment

Originally posted by EdTarbusz View Post
          I have some Yankees World Series radio broadcasts from 1936 1937 1938 and 1939. I think seven games in all from that period.
          Wow, that is really cool. Where do you find something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by jsontag View Post
            Wow, that is really cool. Where do you find something like that?
            Send me a PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X