High Heat With Christopher "Mad Dog" Russo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Heat With Christopher "Mad Dog" Russo

Does anybody actually watch this? Because after seeing the promo for it on MLBN, to paraphrase Pete Rose, I'd rather walk through hell in a gasoline suit than let this a-hole yell at me for an hour, or however long he's on. Good Grief!
    They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

I'm with you. MLB Radio (on XM) does what I think is a simulcast of the show and whenever the Angry Puppy's shrill shrieks hit my ears I instantly switch to some other station. Any other station.
    "You can hate a man for many reasons. Color is not one one of them."--Pee Wee Reese

Comment

When it comes to Christopher Mad Dog Rus what's going on with Roddick why aren't they sometimes you have Steve do we have an update how did your kid do yesterday you gotta Rick Barry in 1975 LeBron couldn't even imagine the Yankees are doing it without Kuroda, they're doing it without CC, without Sabbathia, they've got that and you've got Jeter and everything else and then can you believe what the Royals are doing, the Tigers still have Verlander and everything else but the Royals I Ned Yost is doing a great job, they've got that and everything else and they know what they're doing up there, everyone thinks the NCAA is that, but with the football playoff and the kids got their scholarship money and now they want to take that away from the smaller schools, Chaminade beat Virginia and everything like that.

What was the question?
      Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
      Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
      Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
      Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
      Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Listened to him on the radio for years til I couldn't stand it any more. He was so bad that he made Mike Francesa seem good. Russo is the epitome of annoying. If you sat next to him at a game you'd move to another seat.
        Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

Years? Wow, you are far stronger than me. I think the most I have ever managed listening to the Angry Puppy was about 15 minutes.
          "You can hate a man for many reasons. Color is not one one of them."--Pee Wee Reese

Comment

I saw a 30-second promo before I started this thread. That was enough for one lifetime.
            They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

I listened for years but it was probably for 30-60 min at a time in the car. They [Fatso and Fruit Loops, as Don Imus used to call them] were the only sportstalk guys on. If they were on a long boring talk about Russo's SF Giants, or tennis, golf,etc then I changed stations. There was plenty of Yanks/mets talk because they were based in NY. Before them, Bill Mazer and Art Rust Jr were THE sports guys on NY radio. They knew their sports AND they had class. They weren't smug, didn't insult the callers nor did they foam at the mouth. Apparently lots of sports fans today enjoy that kind of stuff.
              Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
                When it comes to Christopher Mad Dog Rus what's going on with Roddick why aren't they sometimes you have Steve do we have an update how did your kid do yesterday you gotta Rick Barry in 1975 LeBron couldn't even imagine the Yankees are doing it without Kuroda, they're doing it without CC, without Sabbathia, they've got that and you've got Jeter and everything else and then can you believe what the Royals are doing, the Tigers still have Verlander and everything else but the Royals I Ned Yost is doing a great job, they've got that and everything else and they know what they're doing up there, everyone thinks the NCAA is that, but with the football playoff and the kids got their scholarship money and now they want to take that away from the smaller schools, Chaminade beat Virginia and everything like that.

What was the question?
                Priceless, Captain!! :applaud:

Comment

I enjoy his 3 hour show on SiriusXM daily

he is a goofball but extremely knowledgabe, very passionate, gets TOP sports personalities for interviews and not afraid to call it like it is
                  1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
                  2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
                  3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
                    I enjoy his 3 hour show on SiriusXM daily

he is a goofball but extremely knowledgabe, very passionate, gets TOP sports personalities for interviews and not afraid to call it like it is
                    Umm, OK.
                    Welcome back, Roy.

Comment

Nails on a chalk board best describes him to me

Comment

These sports show hosts should just talk sports and quit trying to look cool. Russo is bad but Cowherd is worse.

Comment

Dan Le Batard, Papi Batard (Dan's father), and Bomani Jones have an okay television show on in the afternoon. You never know if Papi is napping, or thinking about his answer to a question. Bomani's voice cracks me up every time he opens his mouth.
                          "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
                          "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

With Russo, you have to get past the schtick and really watch his show. I had a week off from work during spring break so I actually sat down and watched his show from end to end. The dude does know his stuff, it's just getting past the intro and the commercials that only show him spazzing out for 60 seconds. He usually calms down after the first commercial break, and his takes are pretty spot-on. The rants he goes on with Brian Kenny are strictly for ratings and they play up to the cameras.

SUMMARY: Russo is an acquired taste. If you're looking for the polish of the MLB non-jock talking heads, you are not going to find it with him. I enjoy the rest of the crew, especially when the go to Studio 42 and break down plays Reynolds and Ripken are excellent on infield play. Plesac is pretty enjoyable too. Byrnes is hilarious, but I like the way he goes against the grain and his stoner-guy persona.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X