John Rocker to compete on "Survivor"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Rocker to compete on "Survivor"

Just when you thought reality TV couldn't get worse... this is has the makings to be a total train wreck!

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...n-cbs-survivor
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

John Rocker being on Survivor is no where near the worst of things that have happened on reality shows.

Comment

I've watched every Survivor series even though the formula is getting old and repetitive in recent years. The producers have to include at least one professional male athlete in every series to boost the ratings.

I think the tribes will do to him (and his GF) just what they did to Jeff Kent. He will be viewed as a threat and he clearly cannot keep his mouth shut for very long. His GF is too hot and the other ladies will take her out. The odds are he spills the beans and tells someone who he really is.

I thought Rocker was a very good pitcher and he sure sunk fast once the media went after him.
      "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
      "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

Originally posted by TonyK View Post
        I thought Rocker was a very good pitcher and he sure sunk fast once the media went after him.
        He probably should have kept his mouth shut.
        They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

John Rocker was voted out Wednesday night while holding an immunity idol in his pocket.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/10/john...eth-eliminated
          Holding a pitcher accountable for how many runs his team scores is like holding the designated hitter accountable for how many runs his team allows.

An individual statistic is meaningful only if it is based strictly on what the player does and not on what the other players on his team do.

Contrary to what most baseball fans claim, a pitched ball which is hit into play is not a strike.

Comment

Being a fan of this shown, Rocker was shown to be a nice guy who was actually friendly to the minorities. My family was rooting for him on Wednesday, because his competition was truly despicable. He was shown to be highly competitive with a streak of violence if you were mean to him.

Of course, that is editing. So the truth is:

A) He has changed and grown to be a better man.
            B) Still is a racist but hid it well (unlikely, he was isolated with minorities only for a while)
            C) CBS had footage of him being a racist and didn't use it. I'd say this is the least likely - a TV show with explosive footage and not using it? They showed the violent streak with no issue.
            "He'd give you the shirt off his back. Of course he'd call a press conference to announce it" Catfish Hunter speaking about Reggie Jackson.
            Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

I think Rocker's more of the "don't bother me, I won't bother you" type than anything else.
              Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
              Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
              Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
              Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
              Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

John Rocker bothered the rest of us before anybody bothered him.
                It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

Originally posted by Toledo Inquisition View Post
                  Being a fan of this shown, Rocker was shown to be a nice guy who was actually friendly to the minorities. My family was rooting for him on Wednesday, because his competition was truly despicable. He was shown to be highly competitive with a streak of violence if you were mean to him.

Of course, that is editing. So the truth is:

A) He has changed and grown to be a better man.
                  B) Still is a racist but hid it well (unlikely, he was isolated with minorities only for a while)
                  C) CBS had footage of him being a racist and didn't use it. I'd say this is the least likely - a TV show with explosive footage and not using it? They showed the violent streak with no issue.
                  What is your definition of 'racist'?
                  Holding a pitcher accountable for how many runs his team scores is like holding the designated hitter accountable for how many runs his team allows.

An individual statistic is meaningful only if it is based strictly on what the player does and not on what the other players on his team do.

Contrary to what most baseball fans claim, a pitched ball which is hit into play is not a strike.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
                    John Rocker bothered the rest of us before anybody bothered him.
                    That's because you let him.
                    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by BiZmaRK View Post
                      What is your definition of 'racist'?
                      I might have been more clear - I was speaking of what society considers him. I don't want to get into my own thoughts on how much I agree with or disagree with his comments, as that gets into societial issues I don't feel comfortable discussing here.

My general definition of racism would be that it is when one considers a human being inferior or superior based on ethnic stock.
                      Last edited by Toledo Inquisition; 10-13-2014, 10:08 AM.
                      "He'd give you the shirt off his back. Of course he'd call a press conference to announce it" Catfish Hunter speaking about Reggie Jackson.
                      Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Comment

I might have been more clear - I was speaking of what society considers him. I don't want to get into my own thoughts on how much I agree with or disagree with his comments, as that gets into societial issues I don't feel comfortable discussing here.

My general definition of racism would be that it is when one considers a human being inferior or superior based on ethnic stock.
                        OK, since you base being a racist on one's feelings and not one's actions, then you believe one can be a racist without them saying or doing anything which would cause others to think he/she is a racist. And you believe one who says or does things which might make them appear to be a racist isn't necessarily a racist.

So am I a racist if I think black people are superior wide receivers in football largely because of their ethnic stock?

Comment

Originally posted by BiZmaRK View Post
                          OK, since you base being a racist on one's feelings and not one's actions, then you believe one can be a racist without them saying or doing anything which would cause others to think he/she is a racist. Yes, but racism also impacts actions, which are worse than racist thoughts. And you believe one who says or does things which might make them appear to be a racist isn't necessarily a racist. Possibly, but to judge you almost have to go a case by case basis.
                          So am I a racist if I think black people are superior wide receivers in football largely because of their ethnic stock? Racism is different than acknowleding that there are differences in human beings, sometimes which are affected by genetics or culture.
                          Responses above.

Comment

Responses above.
                            OK, since you base being a racist on one's feelings and not one's actions, then you believe one can be a racist without them saying or doing anything which would cause others to think he/she is a racist.
                            Yes, but racism also impacts actions, which are worse than racist thoughts.
                            OK, so you think one who holds racist beliefs which don't impact their actions is not a racist. Correct?

And you believe one who says or does things which might make them appear to be a racist isn't necessarily a racist.
                            Possibly, but to judge you almost have to go a case by case basis.
                            And what criteria would you use to determine if one were a racist?

So am I a racist if I think black people are superior wide receivers in football largely because of their ethnic stock?
                            Racism is different than acknowleding that there are differences in human beings, sometimes which are affected by genetics or culture.
                            OK, so if one thinks Asian people have a greater tendency to be smarter than African American people, then they aren't racist. Correct?

Comment

The grilling of other posters, especially on non-baseball matters, is not going to happen here. On topic or move on. Thanks.
                              Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X