Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were on a desert island which baseball stuff would you take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dominik
    replied
    a batting Tee and a jugs Screen plus a couple bats and balls.

Leave a comment:

• abolishthedh
    replied
    This has always been an odd question, because it assumes that we must have a stack of batteries for any electronics device, or that the island is connected to the grid.

Anyway, given those assumptions:

Book: Bill James Historical Abstract
    Film: Bull Durham
    Full game video: any game between the 1960s Cubs and Giants, because so many future HoFers would be in the game. The game between Marichal and Spahn would be great at first, but then not as great as an unknown game. Knowing Willie ended the Marichal/Spahn game with a HR amounts to a spoiler alert.
    Doc: Ken Burns Baseball, flawed, but then what isn't?
    Audio: It would be great to have an audio of any game broadcast between Vin Scully's Dodgers and say the Cardinals, from the 1960s. The Scully broadcast would give two more teams with loads of future HoFers.

Leave a comment:

• The Monument
    replied
    Great question!
    Book-The Yankee Encyclopedia
    Film-Mickey Mantle retirement ceremony. I don't have a fave baseball film.
    Full Game-Bucky Dent Fenway game
    Doc-Box set of Yankeeography shows
    Audio-Ruth Days '47 & '48, Gehrig Day '39.

Leave a comment:

• scribbs
    replied
    Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
    1) Book - The Glory Of Their Times
    2) Film - *61
    3) Full Game Video - None
    4) Documentary - Ken Burn's Baseball. It has its flaws, but it's about 18 hours long.
    5) Audio - The CD audio book of David Halberstam's Summer Of '49, read by Mel Allen.

@ the OP: I'm interested in what your choices would be. After all, in South Yorkshire you sort of are on a desert island as far as baseball is concerned.
    Hoping some replies will give me some ideas due to limited knowledge/experience but here's a stab at it:

Book - Shipwrecked An History of the Mariners
    Film - 42
    Full Game - Felix's perfect game from 2012
    Doc - Ken Burns
    Audio - Not a clue

Leave a comment:

• ol' aches and pains
    replied
    1) Book - The Glory Of Their Times
    2) Film - *61
    3) Full Game Video - The Warren Spahn/Juan Marichal 16-inning pitching matchup would be sweet, but I don't think any video of it exists.
    4) Documentary - Ken Burn's Baseball. It has its flaws, but it's about 18 hours long.
    5) Audio - The CD audio book of David Halberstam's Summer Of '49, read by Mel Allen.

@ the OP: I'm interested in what your choices would be. After all, in South Yorkshire you sort of are on a desert island as far as baseball is concerned.
    Last edited by ol' aches and pains; 09-22-2015, 08:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• If you were on a desert island which baseball stuff would you take?

Imagine you are on a remote island and you could take some baseball stuff to keep you entertained but could choose only 1 item from each category (see below) what would they be?

1) Book
    2) Film
    3) Full Game Video
    4) Documentary
    5) Audio

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X