• Show
Clear All

Maybe Chad Curtis, because people seem to like movies set in prison
    The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
      Maybe Chad Curtis, because people seem to like movies set in prison
      Lenny Dykstra would probably be a lot more interesting...from irritating little leadoff guy to roid monster spewing chew juice to car wash magnate to investment guru touted by Jim Cramer buying Gretzky's mansion to magazine publisher to broke bum getting foreclosed on to jail to tell all book writer.
      "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Comment

A Dykstra biopic could be interesting and Jamie Lynn Sigler could play herself.

Comment

A thread to discuss players past or present who deserve to have a biopic produced...
          Perhaps Ted Williams or Roberto Clemente could be candidates. Has there ever been a decent baseball biopic?
          It was announced in June the same company which produced "42" will be doing a feature film on the legendary Clemente.

Comment

Originally posted by Gold Pinstripes View Post
            It was announced in June the same company which produced "42" will be doing a feature film on the legendary Clemente.
            Nice!!!
            Definitely a worthwhile player, and a true hero.

Comment

Taylor Buchholz or Khalil Greene or any of those players with mental issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
                Taylor Buchholz or Khalil Greene or any of those players with mental issues.
                What about Zack Greinke?

Comment

Maybe a Barry Zito biopic can get the green light with Lauren German playing herself!

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
                    Barry Bonds.
                    Andre Braugher would be perfect for the 'roid era Barry.

920x920.jpg
                    untitled.png
                    They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Dude's too old.

Comment

Dude's too old.
                        They can work wonders in Hollywood. When Charles Lindbergh made his famous flight across the Atlantic, he was 25. When Jimmy Stewart played him in "Spirit Of St. Louis", he was 49.
                        They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

It wasn't any believable then. Same thing with Gary Cooper playing Gehrig. History is not kind to those old films.

Comment

Ok, not a player but a Bill Veeck bio could be really pretty entertaining. An amazing guy with a full and interesting life. Hung out with some pretty interesting folks including Hollywood types and gangsters. Grew up in the game, served in the War, lost a leg, integrated the AL, wanted to have a team made largely of Negro League stars, owned three teams, Eddie Gaedel, Disco demolition night, smart as hell too. I don't know who could play him, but it would be a great movie.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing a Veeck biopic if only to see Comiskey Park digitally recreated.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing a Veeck biopic if only to see Comiskey Park digitally recreated.
                                They would need to be careful about recreating the textures of the mold growing on the place.

And, yes, I did visit the park many times. When I was a boy, my mother starting taking us to County Stadium to see the White Sox because she hated Comiskey so much. Still visited now and again up to seeing McGwire and Canseco's A's visit not long before the demolition. Sorry to insult anybody who liked the place, but I always thought it was just a dismal stadium.

In case it hasn't been mentioned yet, a Durocher flick could be very entertaining.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X