Book Scam by William Curran's publishers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Scam by William Curran's publishers

I recently purchased a book, Big Sticks: The Batting Revolution of the Twenties by William Curran. Sadly, this is bogus, with this book being the EXACT same book as another book I already have, Big Sticks: The Phenomenal Decade of Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb and Hornsby by William Curran.

They literally are the same book with a different cover and publishing date. Totally bogus.

If you get either book, you'll be well pleased. It is an excellent book with cool 1920's stories and a decent number of photos.
    I don't think either one of them can win it.-one sportswriter's assessment of the 1945 world series between the tigers and cubs.
    Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

I have this book and like it very much...I think the was the first place I saw the insane picture of Hack Wilson turning his head 180 degrees away from home plate while taking a mighty cut.
    Sorry to hear you got jobbed by a name change...I remember thinking when Bill James' "Politics Of Glory" was rereleased as "Whatever Happened To The Hall Of Fame?" that some people were likely to end up buying it twice. I liked the former title better, but I guess it did not make it clear exactly what the book was about.
    hacking.png
    "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Paskert View Post
      I have this book and like it very much...I think the was the first place I saw the insane picture of Hack Wilson turning his head 180 degrees away from home plate while taking a mighty cut.
      Sorry to hear you got jobbed by a name change...I remember thinking when Bill James' "Politics Of Glory" was rereleased as "Whatever Happened To The Hall Of Fame?" that some people were likely to end up buying it twice. I liked the former title better, but I guess it did not make it clear exactly what the book was about.
      [ATTACH]150660[/ATTACH]
      Ah, didn't know that. I've read it but don't own the book - I'll make sure not to order both in the future.

As to Curran's book, yes, I've enjoyed it a lot over the past few years. I'm going to detail the Fothergill flip story soon.
      I don't think either one of them can win it.-one sportswriter's assessment of the 1945 world series between the tigers and cubs.
      Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X