X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven Gallanter
    replied
    Originally posted by philliesfiend55 View Post
    They are very useful and quite handy for looking up several players career records quickly, whether to compare them or just on a whim. To do the same on the internet well that's a lot of clicking and that can be tiresome.
    My advice is to treat yourself and head back to the supermarket for a copy.
    WHO'S WHO IN BASEBALL is still very useful as it contains minor league records, transactions and times on the Disabled List. BILL JAMES' BASEBALL HANDBOOK is the other book that I always buy.

http://stevegallanter.wordpress.com

Leave a comment:

• philliesfiend55
    replied
    They are very useful and quite handy for looking up several players career records quickly, whether to compare them or just on a whim. To do the same on the internet well that's a lot of clicking and that can be tiresome.
    My advice is to treat yourself and head back to the supermarket for a copy.

Leave a comment:

• Toledo Inquisition
    replied
    Originally posted by philliesfiend55 View Post
    Who's Who In Baseball, the handy stat guide to active players, hit the newsstands the day before yesterday, on February 23 (at least that was the local release date here in Florida). This year's is annual edition #101, or the 100th anniversary of the first edition, released in 1916.
    I think I still have my dog-eared copies from the 1980's. Oh how useful they were. I always loved looking at the entries for long careers, like Yaz. It was sad when one year you'd have a long entry for a player, and the next year they'd be gone (retired).

I was at the supermarket today and almost bought one for old times sake. Not really needed nowadays with the internet, but they remind of a fun time.

I think I've just talked myself into buying one.

Leave a comment:

• philliesfiend55
    started a topic Who's Who In Baseball (101st edition)

Who's Who In Baseball (101st edition)

Who's Who In Baseball, the handy stat guide to active players, hit the newsstands the day before yesterday, on February 23 (at least that was the local release date here in Florida). This year's is annual edition #101, or the 100th anniversary of the first edition, released in 1916.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X