No announcement yet.

The Natural or Field of Dreams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as far as movies, i'll take field of dreams. as far as literature, i'll take the natural. how's that for dodging a question?

Comment

Field of Dreams, just because it was one of the few movies that surpassed the book, as Captain said. The Natural (the literature version) was better than both FOD's and the movie The Natural. But the movie FOD, was better than Shoeless Joe and The Natural (movie version).

Wow, that confused me just typing it.

Comment

Field of Dreams for sure, one of my all-time favorites.

Comment

Both are fantastic films. Last summer I took my father and my son (13) to the FOD movie site. We had the place to ourselfs. Played catch, hit BP, ran the bases and took photos. On the plan ride out we watched the movie, and my dad cried. Then drove to a cubbies game for the weekend. One of the greatest trips of our lives. Go do it!

Comment

I enjoy Field of Dreams, sentimentality and all. It's written and plays like an extended Twilight Zone episode; Rod Serling wrote in the same style...and I don't mind the nostalgia, political, and fantasy factors. James Horner's music was perfect as well.

The Natural felt somewhat disjointed; a compelling, but strange adaptation of Malamud's book which simply didn't resonate the way I would have liked.

Comment

The novel version of "The Natural" is fantastic, because the ending is completely different than that of the movie. As far as the movies go, Field of Dreams is better.
              sigpic
              Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

Comment

Field of Dreams is the best baseball movie ever, IMO.
                "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Comment

Another for the Natural... easily. Like FOD too, and have been to the site, but the Natural takes it.
                  "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

That's too easy, Field of Dreams is the best baseball movie ever. Bull Durham is close but no cigar. Terrence Mann's speech to Kevin Costner is one of the greatest moments in movie history.
                    Hitting is timing, pitching is upsetting timing.
                    -Warren Spahn

It's a round ball and a round bat and you gotta hit it square.
                    -Pete Rose

Good pitching always beats good hitting...and vice versa.
                    -Yogi Berra

Comment

Fod Or Natural ?

Originally posted by cubsfan1073
                      That's too easy, Field of Dreams is the best baseball movie ever. Bull Durham is close but no cigar. Terrence Mann's speech to Kevin Costner is one of the greatest moments in movie history.
                      Amen...how true that speech is...as for the films, love'em dearly. but for
                      different reasons..i guess IF I had to make a choice..it'll be the natural.

two of my fave scenes..were when hobbs snapped outta that slump
                      in chicago, by driving the ball into that massive clock....

the other is only a scene men could understand...when the Knights were
                      losing big time...the third sacker takes a hard grounder to the nuts..and
                      hits the ground...the looks of everyone is so wild...my then wife, can't
                      exactly understand how painful that is....jeez...ouch....

as for other films...lots of good ones..as well as really BAD ones.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X