• Jul 2004

Ahhhh!

Can't Decide!!!!

Head Will Explode!

(boom)

Comment

• Baseball Guru
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by It's Over The Wall!
        Field-O-Dreams

Agreed!!!!
        "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
        ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic

Comment

• E.Banks#14
          Hall of Fame is a shame
          • Jan 2005

Field Of Dreams.

Why? You ask.

I think The Natural is very cheesy.
          A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

• bianchiveloce
            • Jun 2005

Just found this site the other night and love what I see. I have been a baseball fan since I was a kid playing little league ball in the mid-70's.

Field of Dreams was just on the WE channel on the cable tonight. My wife laughs at me everytime when I start to get a little wet in the eyes when Terrance Mann gives his speech about how baseball is the one constant that has marked time. Man, I love that speech. Go the distance.

Anthony
            Perfection is not attainable. But, if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence. -- Vince Lombardi

Comment

• ADunn44
              Navy Sailor & P.Rose Fan
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Electric City
              Field of Dreams was just on the WE channel on the cable tonight. My wife laughs at me everytime when I start to get a little wet in the eyes when Terrance Mann gives his speech about how baseball is the one constant that has marked time. Man, I love that speech. Go the distance.

that speech is in my sig, ya (starts dancing and making stupid remarks, i invented the question mark)
              The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America is ruled by it like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and that could be again. Oh, people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come. -James Earl Jones as Terence Mann in Field Of Dreams

Sailors Creed

11 General Orders of Sentry

Comment

• KHenry14
                Gigantes Moderator
                • Feb 2004

Any guy who says they don't get teary eyed at the last scene in FOD where Ray and his Dad have a catch is flat out lying! Too bad his dad threw like a girl!

KH14
                “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

• nolanryan5714
                  Former Astros Mod
                  • Aug 2004

The Natural, because it is meant to embody the mystique of the game...and did it quite well, IMO.
                  -David
                  Please read the Baseball Fever Policy and FAQ Section before posting.
                  "Some mistakes I guess we never stop paying for." -Roy Hobbs, The Natural

Ever wonder about the fastest pitch ever thrown? Click this link.

Comment

• whatswailing
                    Think Blue
                    • May 2005

Definitely Field of Dreams, The Natural was as someone said before, "cheesy". A little too cheesy for my taste.
                    Let's go Dodgers

Comment

• SoxSon
                      Loyal to the Sox
                      • Sep 2004

Here's the thing: As a film, it's got to be The Natural. As a story, I'll go with Field of Dreams.
                      "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• west coast orange and black
                        • Aug 2004

as far as movies go, i equate "cheesy" with "hollywood story/hollywood ending".
                        both movies were total hollywood: malamud had hobbs strilking out in his original story, not hitting a homer; dreams has a son be granted his wish of seeing his father again simply eradicating corn and puttin' down sod.

i ain't nowhwere near sayin' that the movies do not affect me -- they do.
                        but there both pretty cheesy.

(i was given a signed knights jacket from kim bassinger, so i ain't gonna rake it too much)
                        "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

• CyNotSoYoung
                          • Sep 2004

I liked them both and have seen both twice. I'm sure I will watch them again in the future. Which one I choose to watch will depend on what kind of mood I'm in. Hard to say if one was better than the other. Neither was an all time great, but both are worth watching. Like wine, women, song, and baseball players - there are a lot of good ones that I truly love - but don't ask me to choose one as the best. (well - there is only one woman, but I was speaking fuguratively)

Comment

I don't care for either one of them.

Comment

• tnkers_2_evrs_2_chnce
                              • Jul 2005

Field of Dreams. The Book was great too!! Shoeless Joe by William Kinsella.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X