Cool Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Video

Here is a cool video I found on YouTube.
    Don't spoil this for anyone by saying what it is.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UDoSc-fRpg
    Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Whoever made that has too much time on their hands...
    go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

That's dumb.
      Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

I don't think it's dumb, I think it's brilliant. I wonder how many times they had to try to do that to get it right?
        "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Comment

I think it depends on how old you are. It taps into a fantasy or wish that I think every kid had and was reenacting when taking part in this activity

Comment

Originally posted by Ubiquitous
            I think it depends on how old you are. It taps into a fantasy or wish that I think every kid had and was reenacting when taking part in this activity
            I remember everything associated with the video fondly. I know I certainly played similar things out, although certainly not to the degree the person who created the video did. Bravo.
            Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
            Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
            Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
            Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
            Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

That's brilliant lol. Must have taken a while to get it right.

Comment

Because the screen is divided so nicely into 3rds (plus having the names of the pitcher and batter distinctly placed in the bottom of the screen with black background) this wouldn't be as hard to do as one might think with the proper editting software. Also, having the players look the same and have the same body type helps because then it doesn't matter which player hits a pop up (for example) - you can just edit that pitch/swing in at the appropriate time with the desired side panels (with the correct count in the at bat) and the appropriate batter/pitcher combination. But that's still the coolest!

Comment

I mean it's very hard work and I tip my hat fro him/her. But I just think it's kind of dumb and they could of spent the time they had to do something else.
                  Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Such as end world hunger or create fusion? Practically everything we do is "kind of dumb" and we all could be doing something else.

Comment

Originally posted by HankAaron86
                      I mean it's very hard work and I tip my hat fro him/her. But I just think it's kind of dumb and they could of spent the time they had to do something else.
                      People say the same thing for people who post on message boards. Why post on a message board when you can be out doing things in the real world.

Comment

It made me laugh and remember back. That used to be hi-tech. Nice to hear Curt Gowdy one more time.

Comment

It made me laugh and remember back. That used to be hi-tech. Nice to hear Curt Gowdy one more time.

That was Vin Scully with the call. What a fun night to be a Baseball fan--the stuff fantasies are made of, no matter who you root for. Seems like yesterday that happened--where have the years gone?

Comment

It's like my worst nightmare come back to haunt me.

Great job on the film...ugh on the content.
                            "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

SoxSon,

Dent, Boone or Buckner: which moment hurts the most???

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X