Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in starting a baseball book club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules
    I had an idea about starting a baseball book club. We can choose a book to read and we can read it together and discuss it online. Would anyone be interested?
    im in just everyone add me to your buddy list and send me updates and it sounds cool

Comment

Originally posted by Southlake CubsFan
      i guess so, but what does it mean, i assume "just pulling your leg"
      Yeah..that's kinda what it means..i'm not trying to insult you..just giving you a hard time.
      "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
      Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Yeah, if someone gets it going I'm in. I have The Old Ball Game and started reading over the summer but never finished it. Probably because I found other books and got caught up in those. Let me know!
        sigpic

Comment

I'm about 1/2 finished with "Praying For Gil Hodges", and I believe it to be most excellent. May not do too much for non-Dodger fans, but it's pretty cool. Lots of asides regarding other players/teams as well.

So, is there any "official" book that the vast majority on this thread are currently reading? I'd like to participate in discussion, but I can't get a feel for what everyone is currently trying to finish.
          "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Comment

That sounds cool. I'll try my best to keep up. The books have to be a the library, though, because I'm a poor kid.
            GOT ALBERT?
            St. Louis Cardinals BBFTG Website
            http://www.freewebs.com/bbftg6/

Comment

Originally posted by Gashouse6
              That sounds cool. I'll try my best to keep up. The books have to be a the library, though, because I'm a poor kid.

This one died ages ago, Gashouse, but if you go through the history forum or the 19th centruy forum we're discussing good books all the time.
              "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
              Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Yeah, I didn't look at the date. This disapointed me.
                GOT ALBERT?
                St. Louis Cardinals BBFTG Website
                http://www.freewebs.com/bbftg6/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X