No announcement yet.

new member. question about tobacco cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question. The two pictures that you posted. The first one looks like it is perforated on the right side I see that, but on the back picture the left side does not appear perforated. I asked the guy and he said that it was not. he said he would try to scan again. I am just wondering how if it is perforated then why does the back not appear to be?

Comment

^^^^ If you were to take the card, hold it front of you and turn it over, the type on the back would be upside down. If I had to take an educated guess, I'd say it made printing easier and more affordable.

Anyone want to elborate or correct me?
      "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
      Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Sorry. what I am saying, is that the same side of the card does not appear to be perforated in the back view of the card like it does in the front view.

The photo of the back side of the card does not look perforated at all.

Comment

Both pictures show perforation. Take a close look at the top of the second picture.
          "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
          Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

I cant tell. What about the sides?

Comment

I can't even see one side of the second picture, and when something is perforated it is done so from the top, leaving the bottom partially intact. And with that, I'm finished with this card.
              Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes53
                And the back...

I think someone cut the edge, but that's just me.
                Pic of the cards back. next to the staple is not showing perforation
                in the pic of the front next to the staple shows perforation. I still dont think you are looking at where I am talking about.

Comment

If it is a reprint is there any value to it?

Comment

The perforation can't be seen from the back of the card except for one point just above the staple, which is not unusual. If you look, you can see that part of the perforation from the back. I believe it is the same card because although I can't see the entire perforation, I can see where it was cut at the near the bottom edge..on both sides.

I've seen some reprints worth a few bucks. I personally wouldn't buy this card.
                    Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Well I tried to win the card, but someone beat me on it. It went for $80 something dollars at the last minute. Maybe next time.

Comment

Originally posted by bseballcardcollectr
                        Well I tried to win the card, but someone beat me on it. It went for $80 something dollars at the last minute. Maybe next time.
                        Considering it sure appears to be a reprint, consider yourself lucky
                        Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                        Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Originally posted by bseballcardcollectr
                          You'd better educate yourself more before going into such a purchase. If you want a reprint, that's fine, but don't overpay since reprints are available in mint condition for just a couple of dollars. If you are going for the real McCoy, it had better be already slabbed by a reputable grading service like PSA, GAI or SGC. Anything else is an absolute risk.
                          Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Comment

It's like he didn't hear a word we said....noted for next time.
                            Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Good thing you didn't win

That is NOT an authentic 1909 t206 card, it is NO DOUBT a reprint. Those cards have been reprinted since the early 1900's... WWWWAAYYYYY back before the internet and video games, kids played games called board games or table top games, that is most likely from one of those games. From the scan it looks like an "older" reprint, and if the person was selling it as authentic, you're lucky you didn't buy!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket21fan
                                That is NOT an authentic 1909 t206 card, it is NO DOUBT a reprint. Those cards have been reprinted since the early 1900's... WWWWAAYYYYY back before the internet and video games, kids played games called board games or table top games, that is most likely from one of those games. From the scan it looks like an "older" reprint, and if the person was selling it as authentic, you're lucky you didn't buy!
                                Dude, this thread is 4 months old. It's been done and settled with

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X