Clear All

• kjb23
    replied
    lol at joe tinker's lipstick

Leave a comment:

• 19th Century Indiana Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by flyingdutchdude
    Some good finds are on eBay from time to time. Check out this "Orange Background" print error card of HOFer Joe Tinker (Portrait). I just picked it up for $200. The Orange error is very scarce, 98% are red like the other card pictured. Frank

[ATTACH]5463[/ATTACH]
    NICE BUY!!!

Leave a comment:

• flyingdutchdude
    replied
    Orange Tinker

Some good finds are on eBay from time to time. Check out this "Orange Background" print error card of HOFer Joe Tinker (Portrait). I just picked it up for $200. The Orange error is very scarce, 98% are red like the other card pictured. Frank

orangeredtinker.jpg

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by flyingdutchdude
    To answer the questions, the card is a reprint and one of the easiest ones to spot. All reprints are worthless. eBay is full of reprints and fakes being sold as authentic. There are many inexperienced sellers (and bidders) so don't go by what seller says or how many bids it has. Newbees should only buy cards that are graded by the major companies SGC, PSA etc.. If your a newbee you should first buy a good card catalog like the 2006 SCD Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards (Bob Lemke). And then make the first purchases low grade common players so you can get a look at what an authetic (T206) card looks like. There are many newbees that jump right in and buy one of the big name big $$ cards (there are 4 different Cobbs, 3 Mathewsons, 2 Johnsons, etc.) and get burned buying a doctored reprint. Also to answer some questions, there are many reprints that dont say "reprint" on them. There are dozens of different types of reprints and all are worthless. You should be able to find a nice low to mid grade T206 Frank Chance (or many other similar HOFers) for about $50-$100. A Frank Chance that is worth $2000 is going to be perfect and rarely seen (PSA-8). Most Chance yellow portraits sell for $50-$300 (BTW there are 3 different Chance cards in the set). Good luck and happy collecting. Hans
    Yes, I was able to find a T206 Tinker card in poor (SGC 10) condition for under $120. It was graded as poor because 25% of the back was scraped off, but the fron was gorgeous.

Leave a comment:

• flyingdutchdude
    replied
    crappy fake from a preforated reprint book

To answer the questions, the card is a reprint and one of the easiest ones to spot. All reprints are worthless. eBay is full of reprints and fakes being sold as authentic. There are many inexperienced sellers (and bidders) so don't go by what seller says or how many bids it has. Newbees should only buy cards that are graded by the major companies SGC, PSA etc.. If your a newbee you should first buy a good card catalog like the 2006 SCD Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards (Bob Lemke). And then make the first purchases low grade common players so you can get a look at what an authetic (T206) card looks like. There are many newbees that jump right in and buy one of the big name big $$ cards (there are 4 different Cobbs, 3 Mathewsons, 2 Johnsons, etc.) and get burned buying a doctored reprint. Also to answer some questions, there are many reprints that dont say "reprint" on them. There are dozens of different types of reprints and all are worthless. You should be able to find a nice low to mid grade T206 Frank Chance (or many other similar HOFers) for about $50-$100. A Frank Chance that is worth $2000 is going to be perfect and rarely seen (PSA-8). Most Chance yellow portraits sell for $50-$300 (BTW there are 3 different Chance cards in the set). Good luck and happy collecting. Hans

Leave a comment:

• ed hardiman
    replied
    wait a minute-there was a time when baseball tobacco cards weren't reprints?

Leave a comment:

• egautographs
    replied
    Originally posted by Rocket21fan
    That is NOT an authentic 1909 t206 card, it is NO DOUBT a reprint. Those cards have been reprinted since the early 1900's... WWWWAAYYYYY back before the internet and video games, kids played games called board games or table top games, that is most likely from one of those games. From the scan it looks like an "older" reprint, and if the person was selling it as authentic, you're lucky you didn't buy!
    Dude, this thread is 4 months old. It's been done and settled with

Leave a comment:

• Rocket21fan
    replied
    Good thing you didn't win

That is NOT an authentic 1909 t206 card, it is NO DOUBT a reprint. Those cards have been reprinted since the early 1900's... WWWWAAYYYYY back before the internet and video games, kids played games called board games or table top games, that is most likely from one of those games. From the scan it looks like an "older" reprint, and if the person was selling it as authentic, you're lucky you didn't buy!

Leave a comment:

• runningshoes
    replied
    It's like he didn't hear a word we said....noted for next time.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by bseballcardcollectr
    Well I tried to win the card, but someone beat me on it. It went for $80 something dollars at the last minute. Maybe next time.
    You'd better educate yourself more before going into such a purchase. If you want a reprint, that's fine, but don't overpay since reprints are available in mint condition for just a couple of dollars. If you are going for the real McCoy, it had better be already slabbed by a reputable grading service like PSA, GAI or SGC. Anything else is an absolute risk.

Leave a comment:

• RuthMayBond
    replied
    Originally posted by bseballcardcollectr
    Well I tried to win the card, but someone beat me on it. It went for $80 something dollars at the last minute. Maybe next time.
    Considering it sure appears to be a reprint, consider yourself lucky

Leave a comment:

• bseballcardcollectr
    replied

Leave a comment:

• runningshoes
    replied
    The perforation can't be seen from the back of the card except for one point just above the staple, which is not unusual. If you look, you can see that part of the perforation from the back. I believe it is the same card because although I can't see the entire perforation, I can see where it was cut at the near the bottom edge..on both sides.

I've seen some reprints worth a few bucks. I personally wouldn't buy this card.

Leave a comment:

• bseballcardcollectr
    replied
    If it is a reprint is there any value to it?

Leave a comment:

• bseballcardcollectr
    replied
    Originally posted by runningshoes53
    And the back...

I think someone cut the edge, but that's just me.
    Pic of the cards back. next to the staple is not showing perforation
    in the pic of the front next to the staple shows perforation. I still dont think you are looking at where I am talking about.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X