Spring training TTM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring training TTM's

Hey, I'm gonna send out a lot of letters this spring training for the first time. This is a list of the players/managers i was gonna send out to. Please reply to this to tell me about any of these guys. (e.g. return rate, whether or not they sign etc.) Or if you can tell me any other guys that sign a lot
    Ken Williams (White Sox G.M.)
    Dustin Hermanson
    Brian McCann
    Juan Pierre
    Don Mattingly
    Jeff Francouer
    Rich Harden
    Craig Biggio
    Mark Buehrle
    Dontrelle Willis
    Victor Martinez
    Felix Hernandez
    Joe Mauer
    Justin Morneua

Here's what I know... Hermanson will sign up to 2 cards at a time and keep any more that you send. Buehrle signed the two cards I sent him in 2002. Pierre hasn't signed for me yet (and I sent the request in 2001). Neither has Biggio (from 1995). I've always heard Mattingly will sign. The other guys, I have no idea...

Hope that helps...

Pyro

Comment

ttm

thanks a lot pyromaniac. Yeah, I've read in a newspaper once that said part of buerhle's pre game ritual is to read a bunch of fan mail.

Comment

I've heard that Morneau is a willing and prolific signer, but I haven't gotten him yet. He's on my radar, though... I'm going to try to get him this spring.

Here's a list of my recent successes...

Burt Hooton (3 of 3 in about 3 months)
        Clint Hurdle (3 of 3 in a little over a week)
        Chad Tracy (3 of 3 in about 10 months)
        Dave Krynzel (4 of 1 in about 9 months)
        Jamey Carroll (1 of 1 in about a month)
        Brayan Pena (1 of 1 in about 3 months)
        Terry Pendleton (3 of 3 in about 4 months)
        Greg Harris (6 of 6 in about 6 months)
        Jeff daVanon (1 of 2 in about 2 weeks)

Hope that's helpful...

Comment

felix

hey, I was going to send a ttm to felix hernandez but i remembered hes in the wbc. I know that doesnt start till like march 9, or somin like that, so should hurry up and send it to him now, or wait till after the wbc? (this also pertains to other wbc players)

Comment

Originally posted by the pyromaniac
            He signed more than you sent, that is pretty cool.
            My Yahoo Group - http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/ridingthepine/
            Signature Pictures are being added now.

Comment

I got a reply from Biggio a few years ago by mail...don't remember if I sent to spring training address or the home ballpark.

I'll be sending a few out in the next couple weeks myself...just sent one to Mike Lowell yesterday. Will report if it comes back!
              Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

sendin out

I just sent out over the weekend to these guys, c/o spring addys- mark tiexiera, felix hernandez, jeff francouer, don mattingly, dustin hermanson, tony larussa, ken williams, david wright, bobby jenks, mark buehrle. I also got a reply back from sparky anderson! I'll post later if i get any replies

Comment

Where do you get their addresses?
                  GOT ALBERT?
                  St. Louis Cardinals BBFTG Website
                  http://www.freewebs.com/bbftg6/

Comment

addys

Originally posted by Gashouse6
                    Where do you get their addresses?
                    You can easily get pretty much every players home addresses in books like harvey meiselmens list and jack smalling's list. ( i don't have the url's for their homepage, but just google em and you'll find them) If you don't want to pay that money though, just send it to the players spring training addresses like this:
                    Mark Buehrle c/o Chicago White Sox
                    Tucson Electric Park
                    2500 E. Ajo Way
                    Tucson, AZ 87153
                    (don't use this address, cuz its not 100% rite)
                    YOu can also do this during the season to the home ballparks.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthSideChamps05
                      Hey, I'm gonna send out a lot of letters this spring training for the first time. This is a list of the players/managers i was gonna send out to. Please reply to this to tell me about any of these guys. (e.g. return rate, whether or not they sign etc.) Or if you can tell me any other guys that sign a lot
                      Ken Williams (White Sox G.M.)
                      Dustin Hermanson
                      Brian McCann
                      Juan Pierre
                      Don Mattingly
                      Jeff Francouer
                      Rich Harden
                      Craig Biggio
                      Mark Buehrle
                      Dontrelle Willis
                      Victor Martinez
                      Felix Hernandez
                      Joe Mauer
                      Justin Morneua
                      The only two I've tried from that list is Hermanson and Willis. Both from last year. Considering the success that Willis had last year (the real CY Young winner, IMO), he might not be as good as before, but you never know?

Comment

Originally posted by the pyromaniac
                        I've heard that Morneau is a willing and prolific signer, but I haven't gotten him yet. He's on my radar, though... I'm going to try to get him this spring.

Here's a list of my recent successes...

Burt Hooton (3 of 3 in about 3 months)
                        Clint Hurdle (3 of 3 in a little over a week)
                        Chad Tracy (3 of 3 in about 10 months)
                        Jamey Carroll (1 of 1 in about a month)
                        Brayan Pena (1 of 1 in about 3 months)
                        Terry Pendleton (3 of 3 in about 4 months)
                        Greg Harris (6 of 6 in about 6 months)
                        Jeff daVanon (1 of 2 in about 2 weeks)

Hope that's helpful...
                        6 of 6 from Greg Harris? I don't know what's worse--you sending him 6 cards in the first place, or the fact that he signed all six for you.

No offense, but who needs six signed Greg Harris cards? One of the reasons why players sign less or have completely stopped signing over the years is because of stuff like this. Do what makes you happy, but remember that what you do sometimes affects the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by pesky6
                          6 of 6 from Greg Harris? I don't know what's worse--you sending him 6 cards in the first place, or the fact that he signed all six for you.
                          If this is Greg A. Harris, not Greg W. Harris, maybe he signed 3 with each hand?

Comment

One of the Presidents, I think it was James Garfield, enjoyed wowing his pals while writing in Latin with one hand while writing in Greek with the other. Until Harris can do that . . .
                            I hope anyone who is of the practice of bombarding players with multiple signature requests doesn't take umbrage at players charging for their signatures. I certainly would wonder what the going eBay rate was if someone asked for multiple signings like that. Either that, or someone has a crush . . .
                            Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                            Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                            Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                            Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                            Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

I keep my TTM requests to one or two cards...usually two. In my letter to the player, I ask him to sign the cards, and tell him what I plan to do....add one to my collection, and give the other to a friend or family member.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X