Panini Baseball Donruss Diamond Kings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panini Baseball Donruss Diamond Kings

Panini has some beautiful baseball cards in recent years. Does it bother anyone else that the team logos are photoshopped out? Panini/Donruss only has a license with the MLBPA, not MLB itself (due to Topps' exclusive license). I can't decide whether/how much it detracts from the visual.

Wondering what others' thoughts are.
    "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
    "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
    "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
    "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

I went ahead and took the plunge on a box of these - got a total of 35 cards. Found it discounted so it only cost me $15 plus tax instead of the normal $20.

Here are some of my favorites that I pulled. I think the card designs are beautiful.

51gy24LA40L._SY445_.jpg

51Vp4LgSDHL._SY445_.jpg
    51r1eHnUhLL.jpg
    51vviU6nyvL.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
    "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards

Comment

Among my inserts, I pulled a Stan Musial artists proof, a Jack Flaherty "squires" and a DK Black Gleyber Torres. Seems like a good day of pulls for the Cardinals today.

I don't like the normal cost per pack considering how few cards are in each, but this is gorgeous art and I hardly notice the lack of team logos. I will look for these on sale as I am certain I will pick up more. I especially like the blending of all-time greats - I also pulled Yogi Berra, Joe Sewell and Brooks Robinson, among others - with today's stars.

Has anyone else picked up some of these cards this year?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X