Rare Collectible Strat-O-Matic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Collectible Strat-O-Matic

My husband & I are selling our Strat-O-Matic Baseball Collection to raise money for our Daughter's Dental School Tuition Bill for the Spring Semester coming Due soon.

Sadly, we have to part way with multiple items over the course of the next 2 months! We hope that a Buyer can be found that loves playing S-O-M Baseball as much as we do or who will forge lifelong relationships & friendships with Buyers from Weekend Card Shows as we have done for many, many years!

If you are interested or know of someone who might be, we are selling a 1965 Strat-O-Matic Baseball Original Issued Out of Print 1 Sided Complete 20 Team Card Set with 400 Cards & a Complete 1962 Copywrite Board Game that they came in with the Original Roster Sheet included.

Please PM us if you want more details photos etc.

Also, we have never Sold any S-O-M Product "Sight Unseen" or without "Face-to-Face" Contact sealed with a Handshake. If you have experience selling on Social Media or the Internet and can share your experiences, thoughts, or advise it would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Our 1965 Strat-O-Matic Baseball Original Issued, Out of Print, 1 Sided, Complete 20 Team Card Set with 400 Cards & a Complete 1962 Copywrite Board Game that they came in with the Original Roster Sheet included is still for sale.

We do have an offer to buy it but we are going to wait until Friday Night to see if other offers come in.

Please PM us here if you have any interest & we will send you a detailed description & photos etc. for your review.

Also, we have never Sold any Vintage S-O-M Product "Sight Unseen" or without "Face-to-Face" Contact sealed with a Handshake. If you have experience selling on Social Media or the Internet and can share your experiences, thoughts, or advise it would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Comment

My husband & I are selling our Vintage Strat-O-Matic Baseball Collection to raise money for our Daughter's Dental School Tuition Bill for the Spring Semester coming Due soon.

Sadly, we have to part way with multiple items over the course of the next 2 months but for a great cause! We hope that a Buyer can be found that loves playing S-O-M Baseball as much as we do or who will forge lifelong relationships & friendships with Buyers from Weekend Card Shows as we have done for many, many years!
      If you are interested or know of someone who might be, we are selling a 1971 Strat-O-Matic Baseball Original Issued Out of Print 24 Team Card Set + Additional Players with a Total of 576 Cards & a Complete 1962 Copywrite Board Game that they came in with the Original Roster Sheet included.

Please PM us or if you want more details photos etc.

Also, we just Sold our very 1st Vintage S-O-M Baseball Game "Sight Unseen" or without "Face-to-Face" Contact sealed with a Handshake for $710. However, if you have experience selling on Social Media or the Internet and can share your experiences, thoughts, or advise it would be very much appreciated as we are still new to all this. Thank you in advance.
      Last edited by bulldog19021; 02-22-2020, 01:47 AM.

Comment

We are selling a 1975 Strat-O-Matic Baseball Original Issued Out of Print 24 Team Card Set + Additional Players + 1 Extra Player (Deron Johnson) for a Total of 577 Cards & a Complete 1962 Copywrite Board Game that they came in with the Original Roster Sheet included.

Please PM us if you want more details photos etc.

If you have experience selling on Social Media or the Internet and can share your experiences, thoughts, or advise it would be very much appreciated as we are still new to all this. Thank you in advance.

Comment

I'm pretty sure 1975 was the year of my good old-fashioned SOM board game. I remember updating the cards each year for a few years -- Glen Head was less than 5 miles from my house -- but eventually didn't continue playing. Got into the PC game in the 2000s, and now, since I play no more, I have virtually every season from 1876 thru 201? just awaiting my listings on Ebay.

Good luck!
          Put it in the books.

Comment

Thanks much Steve! Being so close, did you ever visit SOM?

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog19021 View Post
              Thanks much Steve! Being so close, did you ever visit SOM?
              Absolutely. I would preorder the new season's cards and go in person the day of release, rather than wait for the postal service. Did that for both the board game cards in the '70s and as recently as 2016 with the PC seasons.

In fact, I used to buy the new cards along with the new PC season as a package, then turn around and sell the cards, still uncut and shrink-wrapped, on Ebay, essentially making the price of the PC season free.

Of course, living and working relatively nearby, I'd pass it frequently, as the tiny and cramped office headquarters are directly adjacent to the Glen Head railroad station. Honestly, anyone who thinks the Strat-O-Matic offices are in some business complex would be amazed to see just how "cozy" their place is. And its parking is that of the train station.

I have so much respect for SOM and what they've done for baseball (and other sports) simulation. And their personality as a company is without peer.
              Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post

Absolutely. I would preorder the new season's cards and go in person the day of release, rather than wait for the postal service. Did that for both the board game cards in the '70s and as recently as 2016 with the PC seasons.

In fact, I used to buy the new cards along with the new PC season as a package, then turn around and sell the cards, still uncut and shrink-wrapped, on Ebay, essentially making the price of the PC season free.

Of course, living and working relatively nearby, I'd pass it frequently, as the tiny and cramped office headquarters are directly adjacent to the Glen Head railroad station. Honestly, anyone who thinks the Strat-O-Matic offices are in some business complex would be amazed to see just how "cozy" their place is. And its parking is that of the train station.

I have so much respect for SOM and what they've done for baseball (and other sports) simulation. And their personality as a company is without peer.
                Every year, well not since 1998 actually, but most years from 1977-1997, I would say, "I am going to visit SOM this year in Glen Head & pick up my cards!" It has never happened :-( But thanks for giving me an idea of what I am missing ... As we said as Red Sox Fans growing up, "maybe next year!" LOL

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X