Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WANTED - VHS 1988-93 Yankee games from WPIX 11 w/Scooter commentating!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED - VHS 1988-93 Yankee games from WPIX 11 w/Scooter commentating!

I'm hoping some of you die-hard Yankee fans out there managed to tape a Yankee game or two off from WPIX 11 New York back when Scooter (Phil Rizzuto) was commentating back in 1988-93. Help a desparate fan revisit the prime baseball years of his childhood by trading/selling/sharing these games. I was a huge Mattingly fan so if he's playing in the game that would be a plus! Thanks for taking the time to read this... I miss those days. If you can feel free to e-mail me!

Well i was not a follower of the Yankees until 1994 but what I do have is a telecast of a crazy WPIX reg season game from 1996. The Yankees trailed the Mariners at home 8-0 and came back to tie and force extra innings. Scooter was reading the good luck birthdays like crazy during the comeback rally, it was a blast! Interested?
    "You can't say I love baseball and then turn around and say I hate the Yankees when they play the game the way you wish your team played"
    --Bob Ryan BOSTON Globe Columnist

Comment

tigers-yankees

I would be interested in anyTigers-Yankees games anyone might have to offer from pre-1990, I do have a few to offer in trade as well.

www.freewebs.com/forles

Comment

A few years ago I needed a copy of game three of the 1995 World Series to complete my collection of the Indians post-season run. I put an ad in the Cleveland Plain Dealer and was shocked when I got almost a dozen replies.

Maybe you could do the same in the New York papers. Or maybe also place an ad in a collectibles publication.

Comment

Go to www.craigslist.com, click on New York on the right hand side and choose your borough or westchester or fairfield and the enw page will load. Go under the wanted section and post, it is free and quite reliable...

MC

Comment

original tv broadcast traders?

guys i may be able to help..
            ive been recording, trading,buying original MLB tv broadcast games for over 25 years now (even with an old BETA machine!).(since 1982-83)
            i have over 500 games availible for trading..im always looking for traders.
            if you can PM me, i will be able to send you my complete list of games availible
            send me your lists if any..
            all my games are on DVD, but still have my original VHS tapes..although ive traded most of them away in trades. but still have plenty left over.
            ive put up many threads on this site looking for other traders..no luck.
            it seems to be a small hobbie, not too many collectors of original broadcasts out there.
            although it appears that MLB is finally releasing games complete, and original
            broadcasts..so its probably just a matter of time before there will be demand for more complete games instead of the traditional highlite films.
            so im glad im way ahead already!!
            let me know if there are any other traders out there! :radio

Comment

I don't know if it's any use to you but I have on BETA Mattingly's game against Texas where he homered in his 8th straight. I also habe Niekro's 300th win against Toronto in 1985. [email protected],

Comment

I have several Yankees games and I am looking to trade for more. Please PM me if you are interested and we can trade lists!

Comment

Originally posted by bargun9
                  I'm hoping some of you die-hard Yankee fans out there managed to tape a Yankee game or two off from WPIX 11 New York back when Scooter (Phil Rizzuto) was commentating back in 1988-93. Help a desparate fan revisit the prime baseball years of his childhood by trading/selling/sharing these games. I was a huge Mattingly fan so if he's playing in the game that would be a plus! Thanks for taking the time to read this... I miss those days. If you can feel free to e-mail me!
                  I don't have any video from those years, but I have plenty of tapes of Yankee radio broadcasts with Rizzuto and Mel Allen from the 50's and 60's.

Comment

Do you have any recent Yankees games?

Comment

Originally posted by duckydps
                      Do you have any recent Yankees games?
                      I don't have any recent Yankee broadcasts. My most recent Yankee broadcast is from 1968. At one time I had a Yankee/Seattle Pilot broadcast from 1969, but I seem to have misplaced it.

Comment

I wanted to bump this thread up and see if anyone has any games broadcast by the Scooter in their vault. I can't tell you how much I miss hearing him do play by play in such an entertaining way.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterfan View Post
                          I wanted to bump this thread up and see if anyone has any games broadcast by the Scooter in their vault. I can't tell you how much I miss hearing him do play by play in such an entertaining way.
                          PM Sent....

Comment

Originally posted by scooterfan View Post
                            I've got tons of radio broadcasts with Scooter from the 60s and 70s.

Comment

I have a DVD of the 1983 Pine Tar HR Game (Scooter was the commentator) I'd be willing to make a trade.

BTW: Rizzuto was my great uncle (though I never met him)
                              sigpic
                              Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
                              Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X