Collectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collectors

I've noticed that the vast majority of threads here are about TTM autographs and card collecting. I'm wondering what other bits of memorabilia people like to collect.

Personally, I like old media guides, I think they provide a great look on past years.

What about others? Any really interesting collections?
    "As I grew up, I knew that as a building (Fenway Park) was on the level of Mount Olympus, the Pyramid at Giza, the nation's capitol, the czar's Winter Palace, and the Louvre — except, of course, that is better than all those inconsequential places." - Bart Giamatti

You go through The Sporting News of the last 100 years and you will find two things are always true. You never have enough pitchers, and nobody ever made money.
    -Don Fehr

I enjoy collecting old baseball photos from the 40's, 50's, and 60's. I also try to get some of them autographed which is really great! I also collect autographs on baseball, mini-helmets, and McFarlane figure bases. I collect the McFarlane figures but only baseball and hockey.
    Last edited by icee82; 01-06-2008, 06:05 AM.

Comment

I collect all sorts of things. Ticket stubs, cups that my drinks come in at the games, etc. I also plan when I have a house I want to turn a room to a Yankees memorbilia room and everything from players game used and a bunch off things from current Yankee Stadium (seats, bases, etc.)
      Quest for 27
      Winners make goals, losers make excuses.

Comment

Things I collect:

Baseball cards
        Baseaball autographs
        Baseball Memorabilia of my favorite players
        Yankees Games on DVD
        I have all the magazines since I have been subscribed to Yankees Magazine, so I guess I collect those too

Non-Baseball:
        Clemson Football DVDs
        Clemson Football programs, etc

Comment

I will collect any game used items as well as wire photos, which are always great items.

Comment

In addition to TTM autographs and cards, I collect baseballs from ballparks and baseball related places I have been. I have a decent number of ballparks under my belt now, and also things like the Negro League museum, the Hall of Fame, etc.

It's a very informal collection....with the modest goal of having some cool stuff to display when I eventually get that house with room for me to have a sports room/bar in the basement.
            Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

I'm a team collector and besides cards, I concentrate on Media Guides, programs/scorecards and yearbooks, but will consider anything related to the Twins.

For instance, I have a baseball book entitled "You Can't Steal First Base", by Jimmie Dykes. Jimmie Dykes played MLB from 1918-1939 and managed from 1934-1961. He had nothing to do with the Twins, but the book is inscribed to George Brophy. George Brophy was an executive with the Twins from 1961-1985.

I also have a 10-ft x 3-ft Twins banner that hung at Met Stadium during the 1965 World Series.

You almost have to specialize these days because there's just too much out there to collect.
              - Blake Meyer
              TwinsCards.com: The Ultimate Minnesota Twins Fan and Collector Resource
              "Digital Nirvana for baseball card lovers who also happen to be Twins fans!"

Comment

Brooklyn Dodger and New York Giant yearbooks and scorecards.
                "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
                -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D. View Post
                  It's a very informal collection....with the modest goal of having some cool stuff to display when I eventually get that house with room for me to have a sports room/bar in the basement.
                  ME TOO!!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X