Looking for old Reds' games on DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for old Reds' games on DVD

Does anyone know where I could locate some old Reds' games on DVD from the 1950's through 1969 that were at old Crosley Field in Cincinnati?

Originally posted by icee82 View Post
    Does anyone know where I could locate some old Reds' games on DVD from the 1950's through 1969 that were at old Crosley Field in Cincinnati?
    My understanding is that there are no complete regular season games before 1969 except for one, a late season 67 Bosox game
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Originally posted by RuthMayBond View Post
      My understanding is that there are no complete regular season games before 1969 except for one, a late season 67 Bosox game
      That would have been the World Series.
      sigpic
      Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
      Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
        That would have been the World Series.
        What would have been the World Series?
        Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

Comment

I know that you can buy a DVD of the 1961 World Series which has "some" of the actual game broadcasts but I was really hoping to find at least one complete game. I was unaware that there were no complete games prior to 1969. Ummmn....interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by icee82 View Post
            I know that you can buy a DVD of the 1961 World Series which has "some" of the actual game broadcasts but I was really hoping to find at least one complete game. I was unaware that there were no complete games prior to 1969. Ummmn....interesting!
            Sorry, I forgot the Reds were in the WS in 61. My understanding is that partial games 3, 4 and 5 are available but they're tough to find and I'm not sure how much of the game was saved. Also, it's no REGULAR SEASON games prior to 1969 EXCEPT ONE. World Series is kinda spotty (there are SOME, FULL WS games back to 1952), but I believe starting 1968 they're all there

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X