X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abner Doubleday Skin Fragment

How much is this worth?
    Attached Files
    you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
    http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

If the FDA or CDC or whoever approved it, Upper Deck would put it on a baseball card...
    "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
    -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Why did they have a fragment of his skin?

Comment

Originally posted by NJMetfan4life View Post
        Why did they have a fragment of his skin?
        Because he denied them their pound of flesh...............
        you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS

Comment

That's revolting. I can't imagine why someone would have taken the time to keep that.
          Visit My Blog
          Projects:
          1994 Topps Finest - Autographed set - Don't expect the whole set but I want as many as I can get.

Comment

Originally posted by EricDavis View Post
            That's revolting. I can't imagine why someone would have taken the time to keep that.
            It's not the first time something like this has happened...nor will it be the last.

I'd pay $100 for it...though I think it would go for considerably more.

Comment

Originally posted by Edgartohof View Post
              It's not the first time something like this has happened...nor will it be the last.

I'd pay $100 for it...though I think it would go for considerably more.
              I'd pay $150.
              sigpic
              Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

Comment

Originally posted by hudsonharden View Post
                I'd pay $150.

I'm not sure it's authnetic. I have several doubelday skin fragments, and none look like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
                  I'm not sure it's authnetic. I have several doubelday skin fragments, and none look like that.

If my parents had moved about five miles west ,I would have gone to school with Jeffrey Dahmer h
                  Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                  Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

That's not mint condition.
                    Originally posted by Domenic
                    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

I don't wanna know how they went about getting that
                      Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                        That's not mint condition.
                        It was mint in 1893. Now, sadly, not!

Comment

Originally posted by EricDavis View Post
                          It's simple, they kept it in case that one day Doubleday would turn against them....

Comment

Here's our big chance to prove once and for all that Abner Doubleday did NOT do steroids!!!
                            "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
                            -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

So Abner also invented the Thigh Young award.
                              Did he hide the ball when he pitched?
                              I wonder if, when Abner hit, if he tattooed the ball.
                              Or if his mom tanned him for not doing his chores?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X