Memorabilia pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorabilia pieces

I was wondering how many people have Memorabilia pieces. I've been Collecting cards for over 2 years and i have never pulled a jersey/Base/Bat piece. I have bough a few but never pulled one. I was wondering how many that you guys pulled total from a pack. LMK thanks.

I have never pulled a Baseball memorabilla card. However I have pulled a Jeff Burton Race Used Tire card from a pack of Press Pass NASCAR's.
    Behold My Annoyingly Long Signature

St. Louis Cardinals
    American Association Champions
    1885-1886-1887-1888
    National League Champions
    1926-1928-1930-1931-1934-1942-1943-1944-1946-1964-1967-1968-1982-1985-1987-2004-2006
    World Champions
    1926-1931-1934-1942-1944-1946-1964-1967-1982-2006

Comment

Inserts and the like

Seems like eBay is the only way to "pull" a card that has value. People who just rip packs for that reason alone seem to get them and sell them without apparently looking at what it costs to do it. Some pay off, but I can buy $100 inserts for $10 or so. . .a year later--the chase is over and no one cares. Collect for collecting's sake--chasing the dream is just that--a dream. . .unless you get lucky. Figure how many $$ you have to put into the packs you rip and find nothing--then think about what you can spend on the NM insert on eBay if you even really want it--or wait a year when it costs next to nothing. I could never see the reasoning behind it all. I collect vintage--before '75==some insert sets, but they came in packs and you knew you had a chance to get something--and the costs were low per pack. We built sets and went for players just for getting the players. I think it's a sad part of the hobby that lets too many people down. Go to eBay or Yahoo! and look for the cards you want and then decide--is it really worth it. . .because--it's a choice then--not an impossible dream.
      Attached Files
      David F. Schoenhaar, Sr. Esq
      "It ain't over til it's over"

Comment

I've opened over 200 packs of cards since 2002 and pulled one bat card. It was a David Justice 2002 Topps Traded "Tools of the Trade." It would probably fetch about $2 on EBAY.
        WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

I only have a Triple Game Used Jersey card of Carlos Delgado, Jason Giambi, and Todd Helton.

Pretty good i guess, but I bought in on ebay for the sole purpose of trading away. I'm planning on doing the same whenever i can find a good, cheap, GU card on ebay, seeing as most serious collectors are only interested in them.

As for finding GU cards in packs, it will be nearly impossible unless you buy a factory sealed box. The odds of pulling a bat/jersey/whatever card are small as it is, but then add in the fact that most dealers/serious collectors know how to feel the packs and easily determine which ones hold the GU cards.

Comment

I havn't had much luck with getting game used/auto stuff from packs. I've got a Rafael Furcal or Larry Walker here and there, but no one really big player like those I've bought as singles. Packs aren't really the way to go, I believe, unless you are a dealer and need the big pull or the big cash in. I like buying the singles more because it's better picking the cards you want, in my opinion.

Pumpsie

Comment

I don't have any luck pulling GU cards in any sport. The only ones I've pulled for baseball are a 2002 UD 40-Man Chuck Finley jersey card and a 2003 Fleer Tradition Update Sammy Sosa jersey. I buy Yankee GU off eBay if I see them for a few bucks. There's just too many in the market now to fetch the prices they initially got back in the late '90's.

Comment

I went nuts one time and bought MANY boxes of Topps 50th anniversary cards. There was a chance to get original Topps vintage cards. I did pull several original signature cards and a few other cards that sold for pretty big bucks for a few months. I figure I paid about $20 per signature by the tome it was over. I still have about 10 sets of the series 1 cards. Geez, what a costly addiction.

Had some fun with my son though...

Don

Comment

Well, I just got a wild hair & bought a 3-pack Walmart special & managed to get a Fleer Fall Classic 2003 Bill Dickey game used bat slice. Thought it was kinda cool. Wish they had had these when I was a kid. Haven't looked up the value. I'd really like one of the Babe Ruth cards, but I know they have to be way up there.

William
                  Will

Jimmy Dugan: ... But sneaking out like this, quitting, you'll regret it for the rest of your life. Baseball is what gets inside you. It's what lights you up, you can't deny that.
                  Dottie Hinson: It just got too hard.
                  Jimmy Dugan: It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great.

Comment

DodgersFan,
                    Just a question. What autographs did you manage to pull from the packs. The ones I've seen like those you described on EBAY are real beauties. I've seen a Pafko and a Podres. I regret not getting one.

Staredge,
                    Cool story. I love those tales of the retail packs that turn into valuables. I remember I bought a retail pack of Stadium Club awhile back at Target and pulled my first ever jersey from a pack-Barry Bonds. I was a happy man.

Pumpsie

Comment

Originally posted by PumpsieGreen
                      DodgersFan,
                      Just a question. What autographs did you manage to pull from the packs. The ones I've seen like those you described on EBAY are real beauties. I've seen a Pafko and a Podres. I regret not getting one.

Pumpsie
                      Hey Pumpsie (now this is the second time I have seen this name, like Pumpsie Green of 60's--Mets and Sox, right?).

I still have the Gary Templeton and also pulled Pafko and Law. I also still have several full-sets of the reprint set and all of the special set included--but never got one of the original Topps cards I wanted or a signature card of one of the major stars (Pafko excluded).

Thanks for asking, I had to go back and look and then remembered what a great set it was (is).

Don

Comment

Friday afternoon I bought a $10 box of 2004 Topps Series 2 and pulled a "Series Stitches" relics Tom Seaver GU jersey card. My third retail GU pull and 2nd within the last six weeks.

Comment

I have had alot of luck with pulling GU cards. Ive pulled a Chipper Jones bat and a jersey, a Randy Johnson Jersey, one i sold with a piece of a seat in it from topps heritage, a Luis Gonzales jersey, Wade Boggs bat, Fernando Seguignol jersey, Magglio Ordonez jersey, and an Andruw Jones bat. Then i have a nice auto collection with a Don Mattingly, Steve Garvey, Fernando Tatis, Abraham Nunez, Carlos Febles and a Chipper Jones. I dunno im just a lucky Mofo i guess

Comment

I have a little luck pulling game worn/used jerseys/bats. I bought a lot from card shops and eBay. My GU cards:
                            Bought from eBay-
                            2004 Flair Power Tools Game Used Bat/Jersey Alex Rodriguez
                            2005 Upper Deck MVP Game Worn Jersey Carlos Beltran
                            2005 Upper Deck Future Fabrics Game Worn Jersey Miguel Cabrera
                            2004 Fleer Ultra Hitting Machines Game Worn Jersey Miguel Cabrera
                            2006 Fleer Ultra Feel the Game Game Worn Jersey Mike Piazza

Bought from card shops-
                            2003 Donruss Gamers Game Worn Jersey Alfonso Soriano #'d to 500
                            2005 Bowman Sterling Game Used Bat Torri Hunter
                            2003 Topps All-Star Stitches Game Worn Jersey Kerry Wood
                            2006 Upper Deck Ovation Apparel Game Worn Jersey Joe Mauer
                            2006 Upper Deck Ovation Apparel Game Worn Jersey Vernon Wells
                            2005 Fleer Ultra Game Used Bat Edgardo Alfonzo #'d to 399
                            2004 Topps 1-2-3 Strikes Your Out Game Worn Jersey Josh Beckett
                            2004 SPx Winning Materials Dual Game Worn Jersey Mike Mussina
                            2000 SP Piece of the Game Game Used Bat Frank Thomas
                            2006 Fleer Ultra Fine Fabrics Game Used Jersey Miguel Tejada
                            2006 Fleer Ultra Fine Fabrics Game Used Jersey Josh Beckett
                            2004 SPx Game Worn Jersey/Autograph Michael Young #'D TO 999

Pulled from Packs-
                            2005 Upper Deck First Pitch Fabric Game Worn Jersey Mark Mulder
                            2006 Uppper Deck UD Game Materials Game Worn Jersey Jeff Bagwell
                            2007 Topps 2006 Highlights Game Worn Jersey Scott Rolen
                            2005 ThrowBack Threads Game Used Bat Jody Gerut #'d to 250
                            2005 Topps All-Star Patches Game Used Jersey Miguel Tejada #'d to 60
                            Quest for 27
                            Winners make goals, losers make excuses.

Comment

wow, this is a very old thread, but any way...

I have had a few successes pulling from packs and have gotten

Roy Oswalt GU Jersey
                              troy glaus GU jersey
                              troy glaus GU bat
                              carlos quinton GU pants

I have pulled a few more but have had many successes pulling from football packs, most notably a 2007 Brady Quinn DPP auto

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X