New Collector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Collector

I'm trying to get into collecting baseball cards/memorabilia again. I dabbled with it, but not very seriously. I want to know where I should start, what cards or anything like that. Even information about memorabilia information would be helpful. Thanks.
    1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

1904 1946 1967 1975 1986

1975 1986 1988 1990 1995 2007

Hard to say, exactly, where to start. What aspect of collecting are you interested in? Current stuff? Vintage?

And why does a Red Sox fan have a Braves logo? Intriguing....
    sigpic
    Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
    Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

Collect what you like, not what someone says you should collect.

Treat it as a fun hobby, like card collecting was for almost 100 years (1887-1981), not as an investment..... and you will be happy.

A popular one that involves modern and vintage stuff is to collect cards etc. from your favorite team.

If its the Red Sox you have 107 years of stuff to look for.

If its the Braves then you can go back even farther, 132 years.
      Vintage PreWar/19th Century Cards BUY/SELL/TRADE

Comment

Thanks for the advice
        1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

1904 1946 1967 1975 1986

1975 1986 1988 1990 1995 2007

Comment

I enjoy collecting cards/memorabilia of Canadian players (as I am from Canada), I know of other users that collect cards of players from there State or surrounding towns. Or even that share the same birthday. I'm not really a "collector" of a certain brand or any range in years.

There are many options to what and who you collect, just trying to help with ideas.
          "I see no reason why a small-market team like the Twins or Expos can't continue to remain competitive, just because it lacks players," Selig said.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonredsox1975 View Post
            I want to know where I should start, what cards or anything like that. Even information about memorabilia information would be helpful. Thanks.
            It all depends. And frankly... it's entirely up to you on what to collect. Some members here are only interested in current year cards (2006, 2007)... while others collect "old school" cards. Ie; 1950's and 1960's cards. Like Jayme said above some only collect cards from players from where they are from. Another option is buying cards/sets from your favorite team.
            It's a fun hobby with a ton of options.

Memorabilia: Buy your favorite teams hats, jerseys, tee shirts, a autographed bat of from your favorite player, miniature stadium collectibles, ticket stubs from various games, team photos, the sky is the limit as far as memorabilia goes.
            Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Yes there are alot of different ways to collect and different subject.

These are just some of the specific collectors I know of in vintage...

Catchers pictured in catching gear
              Left Handed Pitchers
              Jewish Players
              Negro Leaguers (many are in Cuban sets)
              Cuban cards
              Japanese cards
              Canadian cards
              cards of Players who played in the Federal League
              Deaf Players (ie Dummy Hoy, Dummy Taylor) usually by a deaf collector
              P.C.L.
              19th Century only
              One card of every player in the Hall of Fame

...and one of the most popular and extremely challenging one
              Type Card Collecting (collecting one card from every set made)
              Vintage PreWar/19th Century Cards BUY/SELL/TRADE

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X