autos on chrome cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autos on chrome cards

Have you guys ever sent a chrome card to get auto'd? Also if you have ever tried to get a chrome card signed did it work and stay on the card nicely?
    thanks a lot

It worked, but it doesn't look good and it looks like it could come off easily with just a little moisture.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t.../crichard1.jpg
    Last edited by duckydps; 02-24-2008, 08:19 AM.

Comment

I have, and would not recommend it.
      sigpic
      Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

Comment

I had Ryan Freel sign a chrome card IP. Wish I never did.
        Quest for 27
        Winners make goals, losers make excuses.

Comment

I personally like getting chrome cards signed. It doesn't always come out great, but Jamie Burke signed regular 2007 Topps for me and the chrome version and the chrome looks perfect while the regular looks awful.
          Visit My Blog
          Projects:
          1994 Topps Finest - Autographed set - Don't expect the whole set but I want as many as I can get.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyphanatic05 View Post
            Have you guys ever sent a chrome card to get auto'd? Also if you have ever tried to get a chrome card signed did it work and stay on the card nicely?
            thanks a lot
            As everyone else above stated.... don't even waste your time. I sent 5 chrome cards out last season. All 5 came back completely ruined, couldn't even tell if there was a signature on it, or just a smudged ink stain. Don't waste your cards or your stamps.
            Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

yeah thats what i figured i was asking because i wanted to send out to kevin slowey and all i have of him is a bowman chrome
              thx for the advice

Comment

I have sent out 3 chrome cards and all came back with good looking signatures. Maybe I was just lucky. On the other hand, some non chrome cards, particularly 2006 Topps, tend to come out poorly.

Comment

Get yourself a pen made by Staedtler for your in-person autos. (I think that's spelled right) They work everytime on any card surface... Refractors, gloss, chrome, whatever... They work great! I use the blue medium tipped ones. I've attached a sample taken of a super glossy card. I tried to scan the refractor card, but couldn't get it to look right- my camera also did a crappy job of getting a nice shot due to the lighting, or lack of.
                  Attached Files
                  WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

They are hit or miss as far as sigs go. I've had some smear, some look great. When in doubt, go with a non-chrome card.
                    sigpic
                    Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
                    Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

BTW: you can find Slowey cards at sportslot. Click on the link in my signature and it'll take you there.
                      sigpic
                      Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
                      Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

zito75: about the steadler pens, could i send the pen in my envelope for ttm or would the player not send it back?

Comment

They most likely wouldn't send it back.
                          Visit My Blog
                          Projects:
                          1994 Topps Finest - Autographed set - Don't expect the whole set but I want as many as I can get.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X