Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curtis Granderson to fans: I will sign your stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtis Granderson to fans: I will sign your stuff.

Taken from his blog on espn.com
    There really is no reason now to get all these at-bats this early in the spring, and get worn out before the season even starts. Now that I understand that, I look forward to these off days. I take it as a day to rest and relax and get a few things done, such as loads of fan mail I haven't gone through, much of which is still from last season.

I also want to let some fans know that if you sent stuff during the regular season last year, I didn't forget about getting back to you, I just didn't get the time. I will do it all and send it out in the next few months. Sorry it will be a little late.
    Pretty classy guy if you ask me.
    Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Great story and a classy guy by the sound.

By the way, AC...get out of my head! I just pulled two Granderson cards out to send TTM yesterday. Now I log on and see this. After the same thing happened with Wang, this getting unnerving!
    Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

Nice post! I now will be sending to him. I think he is one of the better outfielders in bigs right now.
      Quest for 27
      Winners make goals, losers make excuses.

Comment

I sent to him during the last month of the season and still haven't heard back. Now I know why .. hopefully it will come in the next few months.
        Baseball Happenings
        - Linking baseball's past, present and future.
        http://baseballhappenings.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D. View Post
          Great story and a classy guy by the sound.

By the way, AC...get out of my head! I just pulled two Granderson cards out to send TTM yesterday. Now I log on and see this. After the same thing happened with Wang, this getting unnerving!
          Ha ha! Maybe I'll start a Big Papi blog thread shortly for him signing ttm. Pull any of his cards lately? (I am just joking! He doesn't sign ttm)

Comment

Okay! Finally, another player whose auto I don't have, want, and can get TTM! I'll be writing to him and Pedro Feliciano.
            "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
            -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

So wait..should I send Granderson out tomorrow or should I be good for my 4/2 send out for the season?

Comment

Originally posted by rwolfe09 View Post
                So wait..should I send Granderson out tomorrow or should I be good for my 4/2 send out for the season?
                Send it out now. It might be a few months before you get it back, but you'll get it nonetheless.

Comment

Thanks AC. I just read the topic on CM Wang and I'm gonna send to Granderson, Wang and Rivera tomorrow. I think all players should so what Wang is doing. And believe me..when I'm a sports writer, I'll do my best to lobby players. I'll be like "I used to do the TTM thing. It makes the kid's days to sign..and I'll help!" Hahaha.

Comment

That's great to hear! Too bad I'm morally obligated to hate Granderson. Sizemore forever!

Seriously, though, a tip of the cap to him.
                    CLEVELAND INDIANS Central Division Champions

1920 1948 1954 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2001 2007

Comment

Originally posted by rwolfe09 View Post
                      Thanks AC. I just read the topic on CM Wang and I'm gonna send to Granderson, Wang and Rivera tomorrow. I think all players should so what Wang is doing.
                      Your welcome! Isn't it refreshing to read stories like this about how players take a few minutes of their hectic schedule to sign a few cards for us?

Originally posted by BoofBonser26 View Post
                      That's great to hear! Too bad I'm morally obligated to hate Granderson. Sizemore forever!

Seriously, though, a tip of the cap to him.
                      I hear ya. As much as I despise the Yankees. I bite my tongue and write to some of their players. Now the Braves on the other hand... :silent:

Comment

Originally posted by AutographCollector View Post
                        I hear ya. As much as I despise the Yankees. I bite my tongue and write to some of their players. Now the Braves on the other hand... :silent:
                        I may just swallow my pride and send to Granderson. My dad's a big Tigers collector and an auto would make a great stocking stuffer or something.
                        CLEVELAND INDIANS Central Division Champions

1920 1948 1954 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2001 2007

Comment

I despise writing to the Yankees but when Joba, Mo and Wang (among others) are decent signers..I'll definately take the shot. I sent to Hughes last year and never got it back so I'm not gonna worry about him. I can get him later. The Yankees are really the only team that it actually bothers me to write to.

Comment

After hearing that Pedro Feliciano does not sign TTM, I will send to Grandy and Brant Rustich (Mets prospect starter).
                            "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
                            -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

No team is off limits for me. As much as don't like the Yankees, Red Sox, or Mets, any one of their players could very easily be on the A's or Braves some day. And guys like Jose Reyes, Joba Chamberlain, and Dustin Pedroia are exciting to watch, not matter who you root for.
                              sigpic
                              Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X