Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you Buy Seats and other Ballpark Parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you Buy Seats and other Ballpark Parts?

The Yankees and Mets are financing the destruction of Yankee and Shea stadium by selling off the pieces

Seats , Bricks , DIRT etc

I would'nt mind the seats but Bricks and Dirt etc?

Would you buy that stuff?

Dirt no, bricks yes. Interesting parts of the stadium construction, yes.

Right now i already have a sign and locker room plaque, would love to get more pieces as they tear it down.
    I AM SO THANKFUL FOR BEING BORN IN NEW YORK AND FOR BEING A FAN OF ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS

Comment

True story: Back in the 1990s, Joshua Evans of Leland's told of a vial of dirt he had from Ebbets Field. He bought it off someone who, I don't remember if he had gotten it himself or if he had gotten it second-hand, but Evans knew and trusted the guy well enough to believe that the dirt was real. I don't remember the exact number, but he may have offered him $250 for the vial, which was accepted - and almost immediately, the guy had seller's remorse, and offered Evans $500 to sell it back to him. Evans refused, and as far as I know still owns the vial of Ebbets Field dirt to this day.

The Highland Mint offers medallions with "authenticated infield dirt" from a number of ballparks, including Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium. Click here and search for "infield dirt coin" to see what they've got, or you can scroll down the page to see their other offerings which incorporate the medallions into their products.

http://www.highlandmint.com/ProductPics/SSDIRTBMK.jpg
      X
      What's THAT guy doing?
      - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

I want seats from both Stadiums. The one thing I wonder is, what will they do with the seats from the upper deck at Shea. They are mounted on vertical
        surface. Will they try selling them like that? or will they just sell the seat backs. I would like the seat backs and get Auto's on them
        sigpic
        As of 1/11/15 7369 Autographs and Growing!! 6472 of which are Baseball!
        164 Pieces of Sports Memorabilia

Check out my Ebay listings!! Seller ID Howiek1227

Some of my Memorabilia Collection
        http://photobucket.com/HowiesMemo
        Check out my new Blog
        www.strongislandgrapher.blogspot.com

Comment

This is a bit OT, but when they were building Gillette Stadium for the Patriots, they were selling individual seats, bleacher seat sections and parts of the goal posts of Foxborto Stadium. THose items sold out fast..the Patriots sold them via their web site and believe me..I WANTED a seat.

I have a friend who has a few bricks from the old Garden.
          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

What's wrong with dirt? Pretty much EVERYTHING in a stadium is a collectible. I have lots of stadium memorabilia except for seats. I have turf and a piece of back-stop net from Cinergy Field, dirt from Fulton County Stadium, Locker Room Nameplates from Turner Field. I love all types of stadium memorabilia.
            My Game Used Memorabilia Collection w/Pics: http://gameused.webs.com

My Atlanta Braves (and opponents) Photography For Sale! 8x10's only $5!: http://gameused.webs.com/myphotographyforsale.htm

Comment

I think I'd pass on this stuff - maybe if it was an old gate sign, or something that would look good displayed. But bricks and dirt? No thanks!
              sigpic
              Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
              Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

I purchased a Tiger Stadium seat. I am always on the lookout for a brick from Detroit's long gone Olympia Stadium, where the Red Wings once played and I froze a few times.
                So, sure. I would buy seats and other ballpark parts.
                Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

I have a seat back and a piece of turf from Riverfront Stadium in Cincinnati. I have some dirt from the warning track at PNC Park in Mosiac, PA. This was a souvenir as my sons performed with Carolina Gold at the DCA World Championships in 2005. I was working the pit and scooped up some dirt from the warning track and put it in a sandwich bag.

Comment

I would love to get a seat from the Astrodome when, or if, that ever comes down.

Comment

I'm gonna try to get myself a seat or two from the Buffalo Memorial Aud. Also, I might try to get a few seats from Rich Stadium.

Comment

I could just wait for the Dina-MET Dash, trip, and scoop some dirt into my pocket.

Comment

i would love to get a yankee stadium seat. Has anyone heard anything about who will be selling and how they will do that?

Comment

Originally posted by howiek View Post
                            I want seats from both Stadiums. The one thing I wonder is, what will they do with the seats from the upper deck at Shea. They are mounted on vertical
                            surface. Will they try selling them like that? or will they just sell the seat backs. I would like the seat backs and get Auto's on them
                            The city (or the team, whoever runs the sale) will sell plenty of seat backs on their own - seats share arms and backs, so there'll be lots of backs left over.

I have a pair of County Stadium seats that were mounted the exact same way - they came with mounting braces.

Comment

Originally posted by stang05 View Post
                              i would love to get a yankee stadium seat. Has anyone heard anything about who will be selling and how they will do that?
                              very frequently i see them on Ebay. search on Yankee Stadium seat or Yankee Stadium chair. if nothing comes up, try another day, it wont be long until you will find one, they pop up a lot there. of course i am talking about older seats, which really are more desireable than the newer ones that will be for sale, but actually i would in heaven to get any seat no matter from what era.
                              Last edited by dabigyankeeman; 04-08-2008, 02:39 PM. Reason: added about ebay having older seats
                              I AM SO THANKFUL FOR BEING BORN IN NEW YORK AND FOR BEING A FAN OF ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X