1977 Topps Reggie Jackson -Orioles- proof card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1977 Topps Reggie Jackson -Orioles- proof card

Anybody have a picture of this card? Apparently only a few examples of this card exist.

Somewhere I have a black & white photo of this card in a book. I'll look for it for ya and scan it as soon as I find it.
    "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
    -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
      Somewhere I have a black & white photo of this card in a book. I'll look for it for ya and scan it as soon as I find it.
      Cool, thank you.

Comment

Bingo! Found a photo of the card on the 'net...

http://www.tradingcardcentral.com/ne.../05/06_001.php
        "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

If Im not mistaken Keith Olbermann owns 1-2 of those if not that exact card.
          Vintage PreWar/19th Century Cards BUY/SELL/TRADE

Comment

Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
            Bingo! Found a photo of the card on the 'net...

http://www.tradingcardcentral.com/ne.../05/06_001.php
            Thanks! I guess I didn't Google hard enough.

Comment

Well, I did find it using Yahoo...

Comment

That's a cool looking card!

Comment

The actual released 77 Jackson always seemed like a slipshod job of airbrushing to me. (At least the helmet). Now that is an original picture I'd like to see, if that is true.
                  Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                  Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                  Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                  Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                  Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

ok so don't hate me but in 1977 I used to have a system for winning at flipping baseball cards...I actually won one of those cards and knew right away it would be worth money....I actually tried to sell the whole collection b4 the internet was really big and the man in the store said none of the cards was worth alot of money....anyway years later, and after it survived a fire I either gave it away or ripped it up- oh well it was smoke damaged anyway! :hissyfit:

Comment

won it flipping???

card was never released in packs of gum, its a preproduction "proof" card. And I believe all known are cut from proof sheets

Comment

I have heard about this card before but thought it was a Topps tall tale.
                        My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

Another similar "proof" card from 10 years earlier

1967 Topps Maris
                          Attached Files

Comment

I swear man I won the card flipping for them, how I got all my cards in those days, oh well believe what u want, I know cause I saw the thing like 6 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by godzeye View Post
                              I swear man I won the card flipping for them, how I got all my cards in those days, oh well believe what u want, I know cause I saw the thing like 6 years ago.
                              Welcome back.

Whomever you were flipping against likely had no idea what they had. I wonder how they got it, as it never was released, obviously.
                              Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                              Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                              Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                              Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                              Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X