Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Betts Minor League Card

Hi All
    I am desperately looking for either the baseball card or team photo for a George Betts. He played for the San Diego Padres (when they were still a minor league team) from 1962-1964. 1963 was the only full season that he played. I know that the photos were taken, but not sure if a card was ever published. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Thanks!!!
    [email protected]

Okay... I was THIS close to saying something sarcastic like, "George Brett played in the minors when he was just TEN years old??", but then I took a second look at your entry and realized you said George BETTS, NOT George Brett.

Never mind....
    Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours. - Yogi Berra

Comment

"I am desperately looking for either the baseball card or team photo for a George Betts. He played for the San Diego Padres (when they were still a minor league team) from 1962-1964."

Looked through the Minor League card directory. Nothing, sorry. However, he likely DID appear on a Team Photo if you can find one. The best way though, IMO, may sound kind of tedious, but if there's an historical society with San Diego newspapers from those dates, you'll probably be able to find an individual photo that way. There are a couple ways of making a custom baseball card with said photo and a few people who do it on these boards.
      "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
      -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X