1955 Seattle Rainiers team autographed baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 Seattle Rainiers team autographed baseball

I have a team autographed baseball from the 1955 Seattle Rainiers. It was given to me by my late uncle Ewell Blackwell. I was wondering if anyone knew how to go about finding out how much the ball is worth. Ball is in good condition.

Thank you for your time.

Shawn

Any scans? Can you make out any of the names?
    sigpic
    Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
    Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

1955 Seattle Rainiers team autographed baseball Pictures

Scanned Photos
      Attached Files

Comment

I can't seem to find a team roster from that season, and none of the names on the ball jump out at me. My guess would be that it could be valued anywhere from $125 to $200. If you can identify any of the actual player names it could easily increase.
        sigpic
        Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
        Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

1955 Seattle Rainiers Program

I found this on Ebay which list the players on this ball. Thats how I determined that it was from this team.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=009

Comment

Pretty clean Fred Hutchinson sig... I don't see Ewell Blackwell or John Oldham (maybe I'm not looking too closely).

EDIT: Nevermind - I see a nice Blackwell sig on there. I'd still say this ball would go in the $125/$150 range.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Madhatter

Great thank you Madhatter I appreciate it!

Shawn

Comment

Looks like Larry Jansen is on the ball, too- He pitched there in '55 and '56 before trying to make a comeback with the Reds.

Comment

Bobby Balcena is interesting...he was the first Filipino-American to play Major League Baseball.
                  "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
                  -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

I also see Art Schult, Joe Ginsberg & Bill Glynn's sig's on there.
                    Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

I have a ball from around this time period with some of the same sigs. I know that I have bob schallock, bud podbielan, dick aylward, howie judson, jim dyck, bill brenner, milt smith, vern stephens, ray orteig, bill kennedy, artie wilson, art schult, bill glynn, bobby balcena, pat scantlebury, joe taylor, don fracchia, and harvey zernia. How much would anyone guess mine would be worth?

Comment

Seattle Rainiers

Hi Shawn,

I'd be happy to talk to you about the baseball and also wondered if you had any other Seattle Rainiers items. I can be reached at [email protected] Thanks!

Charles

Originally posted by SCovington View Post
                        I have a team autographed baseball from the 1955 Seattle Rainiers. It was given to me by my late uncle Ewell Blackwell. I was wondering if anyone knew how to go about finding out how much the ball is worth. Ball is in good condition.

Thank you for your time.

Shawn

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X