No announcement yet.

I despise glossy cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate glossy cards too...especially the ones that already have the pre-printed signature of that player on the card. I had been using the baby powder method for a while and it works OK. I recently starting using Magic Rub erasers and they work great. You can find them at Staples. If you have a couple of duplicate glossy cards, try it for yourself. You don't have to rub very hard but you do need to put a little bit of pressure when rubbing.

Here's what I think the players say when they get glossy cards in the mail: "Hey Joe, this idiot want me to sign his ultra-glossy card. He's going to be in for a real treat when he gets this card back. It's going to look like someone used his card to kill a cockroach........What the !$#%@. Holy cow, my autograph looks great on this card. I'm keeping it!
    Attached Files

Comment

I wonder if the card companies know how popular TTM is and make their sets accordingly. We've seen sets like Stadium Club, Topps Gold Label, and Upper Deck eVolution go away and sets like Topps & Bowman Heritage, Allen & Ginter, and Upper Deck Goudey become popular.
      sigpic
      Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

Comment

Originally posted by hudsonharden View Post
        I wonder if the card companies know how popular TTM is
        For some reason I highly doubt that Tristar cares. In my opinion their cards look great (signed or unsigned). Since I created this thread 5 months ago I have had zero issue with getting my glossy cards signed. I rub baby powder and use an eraser that I bought on eBay for 25 cents. :cap:
        Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Not all collectors use cards for autographs you know, its rampant on this forum, but millions collect cards just for the cards, and a glossy picture on a card is so much better looking than a dull one. Some of us care what a card looks like, thats how we decide which ones to put in our albums, and a great action shot on a glossy card cant be beat.
          I AM SO THANKFUL FOR BEING BORN IN NEW YORK AND FOR BEING A FAN OF ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS

Comment

For autographs, yes glossy cards suck.

However if your just a regular baseball card collector, there kinda cool

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X