Connie Mack signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connie Mack signature

I thought of including this under the current thread of autographs, but as I don't consider it the crown of my collection, thought it best to start another thread for max exposure. I have a letter addressed to a relative of mine, supposedly written and signed by Connie Mack, and I was wondering if anyone else might have one they're positive is authentic and would be willing to show as an attachment. The history of the letter is authentic, but sometimes folks will sign another's name, etc. I'm enclosing a shot of the signature I have.
    Attached Files
    The best things happen April through October.

My sincere apologies for the size of that---I'll tone it down for anything more.

Comment

Connie Mack Sig

Little Ace,

I'm afraid the signature on this letter is not Connie Mack's. That's what the meaning is of the capital "S" underneath the name: that it was written on his behalf by a secretary. It's not an unusual thing to see. The signature really bears no resemblance to Mack's actual one.

Mack's actual signature is rounder and more upright.

Comment

Thanks and I appreciate the info. Since posting that question, I've determined it to be exactly as you describe, but it is connected to my family history and I value it in that regard only.

Comment

Connie had a style that was slower and more exact, especially the "nnie", and the "e" was always the backwards "3" style.

I have dozens of examples and they dont vary much in style.

Here are 3 that I just scanned
          Attached Files
          Vintage PreWar/19th Century Cards BUY/SELL/TRADE

Comment

Thanks to both of you for the input, and for supplying the real signature, flyingdutchdude. I see those seem to be on legal papers, so a secretary's sign-off wouldn't do. Mine's on a typewritten personal note, which makes perfect sense as it was a notice to my grand-dad that his contract had been sold.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X