Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this A-Rod card rare?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170215152968

I don't mean for this to be a shameless plug (since this is my auction) but I really am curious about this card. I listed it as rare because I can't seem to find any others on eBay. Anyone have an idea of its approximate value?
    sigpic
    Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
    Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

I am not sure of the value, BUT I am yet to see one on ebay as well... (paul adds to watch list)...

Comment

According to the 2006 Standard Catalog, they were limited to 5,000. In 2006, it booked for $12.
      Clyde's Stale Cards - A blog about the international world of baseball cards.

Comment

Originally posted by DaClyde View Post
        According to the 2006 Standard Catalog, they were limited to 5,000. In 2006, it booked for $12.
        Interesting... that's the first one I have seen pop up on ebay ... most of his cards that pop up from that time frame are from the Classic cards you can get on sportlots for a couple bucks...
        Last edited by duckydps; 04-30-2008, 07:47 PM.

Comment

You guys didn't look very hard! Here's a couple...
          http://cgi.ebay.com/1993-Classic-Pre...QQcmdZViewItem
          http://cgi.ebay.com/Alex-Rodriguez-1...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Originally posted by ipitch View Post
            I try not to use ebay much... when I do its usually just Alex Rodriguez as a search... so tons of stuff comes up... oh well! I doubt I will buy one just because I rather trade... I usually only buy when its something cool that might be harder to find in a trade... like the GU wall card I posted in the ebay thread...

Comment

While we're into the topic I've got another interesting Arod card I found at a dealer's for a couple bucks. It is a 1998 Skybox E-X 2001 promotional sample card with "Hawaii XIII" etched on it, along with the sticker presumably placed by the dealer claiming its limited runoff. Any thoughts?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Swankee21; 05-01-2008, 05:19 PM.
              sigpic
              **********Stay True to the Blue**********

Comment

"Any thoughts?"

Yes. That's a dealer sample given away at what is basically the annual trade show in Hawaii (can't remember wherein, precisely). It's worth a few bucks more, but not particularly desirable.
                "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
                -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by duckydps View Post
                  Interesting... that's the first one I have seen pop up on ebay ... most of his cards that pop up from that time frame are from the Classic cards you can get on sportlots for a couple bucks...
                  The deal here is they were given away to members of some sort of collectors club Classic had going that year, so they weren't available in packs or general circulation. While 5,000 were produced, it's probably safe to say that Classic didn't get 5000 members in their club.
                  Clyde's Stale Cards - A blog about the international world of baseball cards.

Comment

Well, with only 7 hours left my A-Rod C3 Presidential card seems to be topping out at $13. I guess that answers my question about how rare the card is, huh?
                    sigpic
                    Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
                    Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X