• Show
Clear All

• AutographCollector
    replied
    FYI: Today is when the increase starts.

Leave a comment:

• AutographCollector
    replied
    I strictly use the "Forever" stamps for the sase, and "normal" stamps for the outgoing envelope.

Leave a comment:

• SDL
    replied
    My wife mails them for me from her job, so I have to wait until they adjust the postage meter. No hurry. Players will still be there. I only hope that I get all I sent out over the past month or so before the rates go up.

Leave a comment:

• Mike D.
    replied
    I've been using the forever stamps for TTM use exclusively since they were introduced. No need to take chances. Thankfully, when I buy stamps at my local supermarket (which houses my bank, as well) they ONLY have forever stamps.

I hate the one-cent increase every year. I wish they'd just bump it up a nickel and leave it for 5 years. They'd actually make a TON more money doing that, since for the first four years, they'd be making extra profit on every item mailed.

Leave a comment:

• xholdourownx
    replied
    The post office I go to just gives you the forever stamps anytime you buy stamps.

Leave a comment:

• metrotheme
    replied
    Just go to the post office and buy a few books of forever stamps. I think the forever stamps were a great idea by the post office to get a large "loan" everytime there is a rate increase. The month or so surrounding the increase, people "stock up" on stamps to "save" from the next rate increase. These stamps aren't used for a long time, but the post office got paid for them, hence getting a large loan from the American public.

Leave a comment:

• Rockhound
    replied
    Keep your eyes open for the new "Take me out to the ballgame" stamp soon to be released. :hyper:

Leave a comment:

• AutographCollector
    replied
    Originally posted by SDL View Post
    I'm not taking any chances..I'll wait a week...
    Heck, I just went online on the usps.com store and bought 4 books of "Forever Stamps", and since I have 2 books of 1 cent stamps already, I also purchased 2 books of 41 cent stamps also. When the 41 cent and 1 cent stamps run out THEN I will buy a few books of 42 cent stamps. (Did any of that make sense? Ha ha...)

Leave a comment:

• SDL
    replied
    Originally posted by AutographCollector View Post
    Don't forget: Postage rates go up a week from tomorrow. So if you have 41 cent stamps, I suggest that you go on a writing frenzy this week.
    Link from usps.com: http://www.usps.com/prices/welcome.h...ns&page=prices

I'm not taking any chances..I'll wait a week...

Leave a comment:

• AutographCollector
    started a topic Postage Increase

Postage Increase

Don't forget: Postage rates go up a week from tomorrow. So if you have 41 cent stamps, I suggest that you go on a writing frenzy this week.
    Link from usps.com: http://www.usps.com/prices/welcome.h...ns&page=prices

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X