UD Spectrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UD Spectrum

Anyone here collecting or at least familiar with the current Spectrum set. I have been looking into buying some and was wondering if they were worth the money. I have seen a few pictures and they look pretty nice. Just wondering if anyone who has some thinks they are worth collecting.
    I collect any and all Braves cards and memorabilia. I also collect baseballs and Pre-1060's Topps cards.
    Trusted traders - Rpollard86, duckydps, Mike D., Rockhound, Drillbit

Yes. Two big things about this set jumped at me...
    1) Astonishingly high dupe rate and...
    2) You'll pull autographs, but good luck pulling baseball autographs. So far, most people I know pull a musician of some kind.
    "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
    -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
      Yes. Two big things about this set jumped at me...
      1) Astonishingly high dupe rate and...
      2) You'll pull autographs, but good luck pulling baseball autographs. So far, most people I know pull a musician of some kind.
      That's pretty...what's the word? Stupid. Non-baseball autos in baseball packs. Interesting.
      I collect any and all Braves cards and memorabilia. I also collect baseballs and Pre-1060's Topps cards.

Comment

I agree. I ranted about non-baseball autos in baseball packs at some length a page or so back. So far, the three reported pulls (one from me, two from RuthMayBond) of autographs in these packs have been...
        -Don Dokken (Heavy Metal)
        -Sebastian Bach (Heavy Metal)
        -Steven Sweet (Heavy Metal)

I guess all heavy metal, too...
        "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Well I broke down and just bought a pack today. I have 3 cards up for trade if anyone is interested. I have 9, 22, and 83.

Comment

Originally posted by xholdourownx View Post
            That's pretty...what's the word? Stupid. Non-baseball autos in baseball packs. Interesting.
            I wouldn't mind if it was the presidents or historical figures, especially really old ones
            Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
            Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Originally posted by RuthMayBond View Post
              I wouldn't mind if it was the presidents or historical figures, especially really old ones
              Hmmm...which set is it that I saw a presidential insert. I think it may have been UD's Premier. They had presidential auto vouchers I think. Those actually were very nice looking from what I saw. Good point.

Comment

"or historical figures"

I'm convinced this is the reason as to why 2007 Topps Co-Signers Moon Shots...signatures of the Apollo astronauts...worked as a collectible set. You tell me. Who would you rather have: Don Dokken or Buzz Aldrin?

Comment

I didn't want Don Dokken's autograph in 1988. I definitely don't want it in 2008.
                  Your luck has expired. Please purchase new luck.

Comment

Originally posted by vptpt View Post
                    I didn't want Don Dokken's autograph in 1988. I definitely don't want it in 2008.
                    I wouldn't mind the Henry Winkler sig
                    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Originally posted by RuthMayBond View Post
                      I wouldn't mind the Henry Winkler sig
                      Well yeah, he was the Fonz!
                      Your luck has expired. Please purchase new luck.

Comment

Spectrum, from the looks of it, is a very nice looking set, almost like the rich man's Upper Deck base set(also very nice). I saw a box break on Youtube where they got a hot box, and it had 11 hot packs instead of the regular 3. 8 of the 11 cards were baseball, and I was drooling at the pulls they got. I even think they got a Griffey Jr. buyback auto.
                        sigpic
                        **********Stay True to the Blue**********

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X