hypothetical question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hypothetical question

say i was a fan of a particular team,the red sox for example and i wanted to try to collect a baseball card of every red sox player ever made alphabetically. in other words just one example of a yaz card,one fisk,one rice,etc. obviously it may be impossible to do but is there any easy way to find out an alphabetical list of players by team? the catch is they must have had to have a baseball card made of them.

You'll have to figure out the baseball card part

http://www.baseball-reference.com/fr...t=Find+Players
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Originally posted by banny View Post
      say i was a fan of a particular team,the red sox for example and i wanted to try to collect a baseball card of every red sox player ever made alphabetically. in other words just one example of a yaz card,one fisk,one rice,etc. obviously it may be impossible to do but is there any easy way to find out an alphabetical list of players by team? the catch is they must have had to have a baseball card made of them.
      Here is a good place to start.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_...ll-time_roster
      Where Players Become Legends
      1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 23, 32, 37, 42, 44, 49
      26 World Championships
      1923, 1927, 1928, 1932, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1941, 1943, 1947, 1949, 1950
      1951, 1952, 1953, 1956, 1958, 1961, 1962, 1977, 1978, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000

Trusted Traders: Rockhound, Mike D., ttmman21, Dalkowski110, Extra Innings

Comment

Or, closer to home:

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/rsox.shtml
        Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
        Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
        Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
        Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
        Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

The wikipedia and baseball reference sites are a good start, but you may be missing some cards. There are players who played for the Red Sox that have no cards depicting them on that team, as well as there are players with cards featuring them as Red Sox who never played in a Red Sox uniform. So i suppose it depend on what type of set you want it to be.
          sigpic
          Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

Comment

Originally posted by hudsonharden View Post
            The wikipedia and baseball reference sites are a good start, but you may be missing some cards. There are players who played for the Red Sox that have no cards depicting them on that team, as well as there are players with cards featuring them as Red Sox who never played in a Red Sox uniform. So i suppose it depend on what type of set you want it to be.
            That's a good point. I never thought of that. Either way, it's a great idea banny. Good luck with whatever you choose to do!
            Where Players Become Legends
            1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 23, 32, 37, 42, 44, 49
            26 World Championships
            1923, 1927, 1928, 1932, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1941, 1943, 1947, 1949, 1950
            1951, 1952, 1953, 1956, 1958, 1961, 1962, 1977, 1978, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000

Trusted Traders: Rockhound, Mike D., ttmman21, Dalkowski110, Extra Innings

Comment

I would think the Red Sox web site has all time roster somewhere, I know the White Sox site does.
              Knowing which player on that roster has a card, however would be difficult;
              but with a lot of research and effort you could probably come with one close to being 100%. I don't think there is site that would collate that information, at least I haven't found one and with my hobby of making team checklists of White Sox cards I have done lot of that type of reasearch.
              Collecting Nellie Fox and all Chicago White Sox cards
              My Fox Cards
              http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...20Fox%20Cards/
              My White Sox Page
              http://www.freewebs.com/gosox55

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X