X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nepats3912
    replied
    Originally posted by djpassion View Post
    Dude, no disrespect towards you. I was saying the question I'm about to ask is a stupid question. Here's a forum for people who collect autographs, and here I am asking how to remove one.
    yea i misread it. sorry.

Leave a comment:

• hudsonharden
    replied
    Originally posted by djpassion View Post
    Any ideas on how to remove the signature or make use of the ball???
    Rubbing alcohol. It might take a few applications, but it will get the ink out. The texture of the ball in that area may be changed, though.

Leave a comment:

• djpassion
    replied
    Originally posted by nepats3912 View Post
    yo dj passion this isnt a stupid question. Im a 16 yo kid who just got into autos about 3 months ago. gimme a break.
    Dude, no disrespect towards you. I was saying the question I'm about to ask is a stupid question. Here's a forum for people who collect autographs, and here I am asking how to remove one.

Leave a comment:

• Extra Innings
    replied
    Just buy a new ball and play catch with the other one.

Leave a comment:

• icee82
    replied
    Unfortunately if you leave baseballs out where light continually hits them, the sigs will fade. If you do not believe me, there is a card shop near me in which he has two baseballs that were signed in blue ink. They have been in that shop for at least five years. Both of them are now badly faded and basically worthless. Both of them are in a glass case and they are in a cube as well. I keep all of my autographed baseballs in a closet in a huge Rubbermaid container as well as in a cube to minimize any light from hitting them. I have a bunch of signed baseballs None of my autos have faded either. It is bad that you really cannot display them but I do not want any of them to fade either.

Leave a comment:

• Mike D.
    replied
    It's a total guess on my part, but perhaps some kind of leather cleaner might help take the ink off a baseball. Of course, if you have to go out and BUY leather cleaner, it might actually be cheaper to buy a new baseball...but if you can find some, it might be worth a shot.

Leave a comment:

• Dalkowski110
    replied
    nepats, I believe djpassion was referring to HIS OWN question and it was quite tongue-in-cheek. Regardless, his question is also a legitimate question...I guess you could try a pencil eraser or a heavy-duty pen eraser if that doesn't work. Heck, soap (but not water!) would probably work.

Leave a comment:

• nepats3912
    replied
    yo dj passion this isnt a stupid question. Im a 16 yo kid who just got into autos about 3 months ago. gimme a break.

Leave a comment:

• Dalkowski110
    replied
    I believe a Staedtler pen fades really weirdly. It'll VERY quickly fade with regards to the boldness on the cork. However, what's left of the signature on the cowhide will stay there, IIRC, and will just perpetually look faded.

Leave a comment:

• djpassion
    replied
    Kind of a stupid question, but since we're talking about autographs on baseballs fading it had me thinking...
    I have a ROMLB signed by an assistant coach of the Toronto Blue Jays a few years ago. My girlfriend at the time thought she was doing me a favor. While I was busy getting another autograph she saw a crowd of people around someone signing so she took out a baseball and got it signed. So now I have a ball signed by an assistant coach that has no use and is almost worthless.
    Any ideas on how to remove the signature or make use of the ball???

Leave a comment:

• howiek
    replied
    The best ball to use for auto's are Official ones. Those Souvenir balls are made of a synthetic like Hudsonharden stated.
    I believe the best pen for auto's on Official balls are just use BLUE ball point pens. Don't use black. It changes color and bleeds over time.
    Never use sharpies.
    I started collecting auto's over 15 yrs ago and have about 225 balls.
    and I've found that even if you use blue ball point some will still fade.
    Luckly most of My HOF'ers haven't faded.

Leave a comment:

• hudsonharden
    replied
    Synthetics balls tend not to hold in well over time, at least not all ink. There has to be some type of pen that will give a good signature on those types of balls.

Leave a comment:

• riredsox
    replied
    Unfortunatly, YES. I have a Red Sox ST ball signed by Johnny Pesky. When I got it, the Sig was crisp and clear, but now its smudged. I put it in a case about a month after I got it, and its been deteriorating ever since.

Leave a comment:

• nepats3912
    started a topic Autographs on Baseballs Fading???

Autographs on Baseballs Fading???

Ok so about 2 months ago i got derek jeter to sign a SYNTHETIC ball using a medium papermate pen. I keep the ball in an Ultra Pro case that blocks out Most of UV rays, the ball is not kept in direct sunlight.

My question is: Will this autograph fade??? please help

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X