Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program vs. Scorecards

THis post is not about baseball cards.

As a kid in the 70's I wrote to my favorite baseball (and hockey) clubs to send a program from a game. In most cases, I got back a baseball program which was in magazine format about 30-40 pages long. I got programs from the SF Giants and LA Dodgers.

In two cases St Louis Cardinals and Chicago Cubs sent back scorecards, a folded cardboard sheet of 4 pages. I'm assuming that these franchise didn't have a publication in program format. If wanted to know more about players you have to buy a yearbook.

Is there any other franchises that sold scorecards over programs?

Originally posted by Dougman59 View Post
    THis post is not about baseball cards.

As a kid in the 70's I wrote to my favorite baseball (and hockey) clubs to send a program from a game. In most cases, I got back a baseball program which was in magazine format about 30-40 pages long. I got programs from the SF Giants and LA Dodgers.

In two cases St Louis Cardinals and Chicago Cubs sent back scorecards, a folded cardboard sheet of 4 pages. I'm assuming that these franchise didn't have a publication in program format. If wanted to know more about players you have to buy a yearbook.

Is there any other franchises that sold scorecards over programs?
    Back then, the Tigers definitely had programs. It seems programs now are few and far between. The minor league Dayton Dragons still use programs but most of the games I've gone too lately have scorecards.

The programs were and still are far better suited for autographs.
    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Yes it appears the old classic magazine sized program is gone in Milwaukee at least. Now they hand out a TV guide sized publication for free which mostly have adds in them.

I was also going to add that in the 70's Minnesota had a program over scorecard.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X