TTM - Before they were stars/when they signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TTM - Before they were stars/when they signed

Here's a place to post successes with current and past player who were once TTM signers (either in the minors of before they became famous/non-signer) Most of these came before I posted on Baseball Fever, so I figured I'd post them just to add to the other successes I've been posting here for a while.

Jason Isringhausen - 1/1 - approx 1997-8 - (c/o New York Mets)
    Jason Giambi - 1/1 - approx 1997-8 - (c/o Oakland Athletics)
    Barry Zito - 1/1 - spring 2001 - (c/o Oakland Athletics)
    Ben Sheets - 1/1 - summer 2001 (c/o Milwaukee Brewers)
    Rocco Baldelli - 1/1 - summer 2003 - (c/o Tampa Bay Devil Rays)
    Esteban Loaiza - 1/1 - summer 2003 - (c/o Chicago White Sox)
    sigpic
    Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

ive heard that ryan braun and tim lincecum were great signers before they got big.

Comment

I got Vlad Guerrero TTM in spring training circa 97
      Baseball Happenings
      - Linking baseball's past, present and future.
      http://baseballhappenings.blogspot.com

Comment

Dustin Pedroia (there is 1 out of a zillion requests that come back nowadays)
        Tim Hudson
        Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

I haven't been in the TTM hobby long enough but I have got some IP. Jay Bruce, Adam Dunn, Joey Votto just to name a few.
          Quest for 27
          Winners make goals, losers make excuses.

Comment

I got Mark McGwire and Jose Canseco TTM back in 1988.
            sigpic
            Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
            Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

I'm still new to the hobby, but so far I'd say my biggest success is Evan Longoria. I got him during Spring Training. I've gotten a few more prospects, but he is the first to pan out so far.

Comment

A couple more that I dug up recently.

Brandon Webb - 1/2 - spring 2004 - (c/o Arizona Diamondbacks)
                Orel Hershiser - 1/2 - summer 2004 - (c/o Texas Rangers)
                Felix Hernandez - 1/1 - spring 2005 - (c/o Seattle Mariners Spring Training)
                sigpic
                Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Comment

Originally posted by topherkris
                  I'm not sure if Orel in 2004 counts as a "before they were stars - when they signed"

hehehe. Nice autograph though. Did King Felix stick to the case or was it just a bad sharpie?
                  Yeah, Orel was undoubtedly a star in 2004... but I haven't seen any recent successes from him so he falls into that "when they signed" category. As far as King Felix, that success was before I powdered my cards. It looks ok, but a cleaner sig would look much nicer. The same thing happened to me with Melky Cabrera when he was with the Trenton Thunder. Powdering glossy cards is always worth it.
                  sigpic

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X