X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Wondering, Is This Real?

Hey guys, was just wondering if this was real -
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-07-SP-Authe...d=p3286.c0.m14

I've never seen another D, I thought it was Only the P-H-I-L-L-I-E-S or H-A-M-E-L-S any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,

Originally posted by Palac View Post
    Hey guys, was just wondering if this was real -
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-07-SP-Authe...d=p3286.c0.m14

I've never seen another D, I thought it was Only the P-H-I-L-L-I-E-S or H-A-M-E-L-S any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Interesting. I have no idea what the "D" stand for. "Dominating" maybe?

On a lighter note: I wouldn't pay what the current bid is. Too much $.
    Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

The letters on UD's "By The Letter" cards aren't game-used with the notable exception of the 2008 USA Baseball Team USA cards (serial-numbered at most to 6). Topps' "Lettermen" cards feature game-used letters, but the cards are 1/1 and aren't autographed.
      "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
      -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
        The letters on UD's "By The Letter" cards aren't game-used with the notable exception of the 2008 USA Baseball Team USA cards (serial-numbered at most to 6). Topps' "Lettermen" cards feature game-used letters, but the cards are 1/1 and aren't autographed.
        Yeah but still, you would think they could use a letter in either his name or team name; would this be considered a mistake card?
        Yankees' payroll: $250 millions
        Marlins' payroll: $50 millions
        Marlins winning The Series: Priceless

"Visiting Americans love going to Cuban games because with no free agency, no franchise movement and no owners blackmailing cities for new stadiums, it all smacks of 1950's America, ignoring the inconvenient fact that such a fantasyland is only possible in a dictatorship"-S.L. Price

Comment

"would this be considered a mistake card?"

Nope. If I had to guess, the "D" was made up for another player. However, they probably had a few extras so they sent 'em to Cole Hamels to have him sign. Or, they had an idea for a phrase and never followed through on it. Josh Hamilton is an example of this. UD told us that Hamilton's letters, if you spelled them out, got you "JOSH HAMILTON REDS." Of course, a few letter "U" cards have turned up. I'd not be surprised if they initially wanted "JOSH HAMILTON HOMERUN" but decided it was too long; you can make it out of the letters available for "JOSH HAMILTON REDS."
          "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
          -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X