What do you think of packsearching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of packsearching?

love it? hate it? do it often? almost never?

Oh geez, not ANOTHER thread on this...h
    "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
    -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by nepats3912 View Post
      love it? hate it? do it often? almost never?
      LOVE IT
      Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
      Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Booooooooo hate it.

Takes the fun out of it.
        sigpic
        Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
        Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
          Booooooooo hate it.

Takes the fun out of it.
          I always thought getting inserts WAS fun
          Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

Comment

I absolutely hate it. I have a Target store near my work with plenty of loose packs. One day, I saw some scum emptying every single box in the store (MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL), and feeling up each pack. Now I won't buy any single packs anymore because there's basically no chance of getting any of the good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by weberd72 View Post
              I absolutely hate it. I have a Target store near my work with plenty of loose packs. One day, I saw some scum emptying every single box in the store (MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL), and feeling up each pack. Now I won't buy any single packs anymore because there's basically no chance of getting any of the good stuff.
              So the card companies bear no responsibility for having virtually nil good inserts, or for making the packs more searchable?

Comment

I've tried it before and I'm not good at it. I don't really care whether people do it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
                  I've tried it before and I'm not good at it. I don't really care whether people do it or not.
                  What packs are in your stores? That is, assuming that you won't worry that I'm "obsessing over you", will "troll" you, or that I can even contribute anything constructive.
                  Last edited by RuthMayBond; 10-20-2008, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RuthMayBond View Post
                    So the card companies bear no responsibility for having virtually nil good inserts, or for making the packs more searchable?
                    Nil? Did you seriously say nil?

They bear the brunt of it but the collectors who search pack after pack after pack like the one mentioned in weberd's post do spoil it for collectors.

It's on the card companies to mix things up a bit better and the stores to better police the killjoys. Vultures are vultures regardless.
                    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
                      Have you seriously not heard of the term?

<They bear the brunt of it>

<It's on the stores to better police the killjoys.>

It's on the stores to prevent customers from buying a particular version of an item they want? And nice how no one ever mentions dealers who do it too

Comment

Vultures are vultures regardless.
                        What does Phil Regan have to do with this?

Comment

They bear the brunt of it but the collectors who search pack after pack after pack like the one mentioned in weberd's post do spoil it for collectors.

It's on the card companies to mix things up a bit better and the stores to better police the killjoys. Vultures are vultures regardless.
                          Thanks for reminding me. I got one Upper Deck Masterpieces pack today. See the Pack Pull thread

Comment

Originally posted by RuthMayBond View Post
                            Have you seriously not heard of the term?

<They bear the brunt of it>

<It's on the stores to better police the killjoys.>

It's on the stores to prevent customers from buying a particular version of an item they want? And nice how no one ever mentions dealers who do it too
                            I have heard the term nil. It's just not one you see often in general conversation.

It's on the store to make sure people aren't coming in and tearing up the peapatch that someone took the time to stock. If you were stocking shelves and you watched someone tear up the salad dressing section, wouldn't you say something, respectfully of course?

Dealers are consumers in this case, and they're the worst of the lot. They'll rifle through their own stock and then go about and try to do it to someone else's.
                            Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                            Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                            Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                            Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                            Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

It's on the store to make sure people aren't coming in and tearing up the peapatch that someone took the time to stock. If you were stocking shelves and you watched someone tear up the salad dressing section, wouldn't you say something, respectfully of course?
                              Almost all the time, I leave a card section tidier than I first found it.
                              Next issue?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X