Memorabilia you own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorabilia you own

Should this go here or in the personal collection area? (although we have cards that we own in this area). Just received a pair of big league game-used batting gloves of one of the Mets, from their official company.
    Fourteen bucks
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Hmm...well, I have a ton of Cooperstown Ballcap Company (ballcap.com) ballcaps (way over two dozen, including the ones on order). But otherwise, not too terribly much. I have...

-1 Mizuno 150 Baseball used in an Industriales vs. Ciudad Habana Metros (I *THINK*...I'd have to doublecheck with my friend who got the ball in the first place). Signed by nine of the Industriales players.
    -1 1968 New York Mets cap, signed by Ron Swoboda. Swoboda DID NOT wear it; my Dad said it was worn by one of the coaches and given to him by a friend.
    -Paint from Shea Stadium. I took my fingernail and scratched off some paint from under my seat into a little vial when no one was looking in the 2008 season, before it all came down. Just to be clear, the Shea Stadium seats had metal bases that were painted but were otherwise plastic. THE LATTER is what I took the paint off of.
    Last edited by Dalkowski110; 11-04-2008, 01:49 PM.
    "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
    -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
      -1 1968 New York Mets cap, signed by Ron Swoboda. Swoboda DID NOT wear it; my Dad said it was worn by one of the coaches and given to him by a friend.
      A forty-year-old big league signed cap is awesome no matter WHO did or didn't wear it :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
      Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

Comment

In theory, I could probably find out who wore it. All I'd need to do is find out who wore a size 7 on the 1968 Mets coaching staff.
        "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
        -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

How's, Where and how? From an Official Company?
          For the price, I'll take a pair or 2

Originally posted by RuthMayBond View Post
          Should this go here or in the personal collection area? (although we have cards that we own in this area). Just received a pair of big league game-used batting gloves of one of the Mets, from their official company.
          Fourteen bucks
          sigpic
          As of 1/11/15 7369 Autographs and Growing!! 6472 of which are Baseball!
          164 Pieces of Sports Memorabilia

Check out my Ebay listings!! Seller ID Howiek1227

Some of my Memorabilia Collection
          http://photobucket.com/HowiesMemo
          Check out my new Blog
          www.strongislandgrapher.blogspot.com

Comment

Well, I have a couple game used balls from Louisville Bats games.
            Quest for 27
            Winners make goals, losers make excuses.

Comment

Franceour tossed my girlfriend a batting glove but she didn't even reach out to grab it. I was pretty disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by nyyfan View Post
                Well, I have a couple game used balls from Louisville Bats games.
                I have game used baseballs from the Bowie Baysox & Southern Maryland BlueCrabs.
                Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

I have a magnetic "POTATO CHIPS" sign that I found on the floor at Shea Stadium in 2006, it must have fallen off one of the signs. And in 2008, during the final game as a matter of fact, I found loose magnetic numerals "6" and "4" on the floor, also outside a concession stand.

Who needs MeiGray?????
                  X
                  What's THAT guy doing?
                  - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Originally posted by howiek View Post
                    How's, Where and how? From an Official Company?
                    For the price, I'll take a pair or 2
                    It's from the Mets official memorabilia company. It was an auction, so I can't buy as many as I want at that price, I just lucked out

Comment

Game Ued balls from Baltimore Orioles, Southern Maryland Blue Crabs, Philadelphia Phillies and Bowie Baysox

Game used bat from Bowie Baysox
                      sigpic
                      TTM Is Like A Box Of Chocolates, You Never Know What You're Gonna Get

http://www.freewebs.com/joesttmandipautographs/

2009 Orioles: 60/60 100% ... So Far

Trusted Traders: Mike D., Zito75, MadHatter, icecool1994, Coachsmallhead, The Commisioner, Kearns643, Edsachs1, chucksk8er, Rockhound, KidCavalier23, Extra Innings

2000 and Counting

Comment

My grandfather worked at Tiger Stadium as a concessionaire for 40+ years and he gave my brother and I one of Johnny Wockenfuss's bats.

I treasure it.
                        Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                        Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                        Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                        Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                        Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
                          My grandfather worked at Tiger Stadium as a concessionaire for 40+ years and he gave my brother and I one of Johnny Wockenfuss's bats.

I treasure it.
                          If only he could have signed it in front of you

Comment

Originally posted by RuthMayBond View Post
                            If only he could have signed it in front of you
                            Why would Captain Cold Nose want his grampa to sign Johnny Wockenfuss' bat?

X
                            What's THAT guy doing?
                            - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

At one of the Louisville games, my friend had a chance to get a broken bat from Edwin Encarnacion. He broke it and brought back the pieces and tossed it above the dugout but somebody else got it.
                              Quest for 27
                              Winners make goals, losers make excuses.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X