Gary Carter IP Golden League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Carter IP Golden League?

Gary Carter is being named Manager of the Long Island Ducks Monday.
    He managed in the Golden League last year for Orange County.
    My question is, did anyone have IP? I've seen some TTM Success thru the
    Orange County Flyers.

I'm hoping he will sign. I've been averaging 8 to 10 games a year.
    Maybe I'll get season tixs next season
    sigpic
    As of 1/11/15 7369 Autographs and Growing!! 6472 of which are Baseball!
    164 Pieces of Sports Memorabilia

Check out my Ebay listings!! Seller ID Howiek1227

Some of my Memorabilia Collection
    http://photobucket.com/HowiesMemo
    Check out my new Blog
    www.strongislandgrapher.blogspot.com

I recall someone saying they were able to get him to sign IP over the summer at Orange County. Its worth a shot. Good Luck!
    My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

He won't sign CARDS unless you give him a 25 dollar donation..I believe its for the Leukemia assoc or something. Friend of mine tried numerous times last season at Golden league games. Carter will NOT budge on that..trust me. He will however sign other things (photos baseballs etc)....but he is one per and may be a bit "surly". I myself will be trying to get him this season in the Atlantic League as well!

Comment

I'm sure this issue was addressed with Carter as part of his contract. Bud Harrelson runs the LI Ducks as a fan friendly expierience. He himself is on the field signing anything and everything for fans prior to home games. It's been unheard of over the years for any player/coach /manager not to sign for Ducks fan. I would bet Carter to be accesable at home games and other Duck community events as part of his contractual obligations.

Comment

League is fan friendly yes....but there was an issue earlier this year with autographs for the Ducks. They have autograph sessions on Sunday home game days....supposedly all players are present for these. But it is well known that some of the more veteran type players (ie those ex major leaguers that they seem to have plenty of) do not show up at their autograph sessions and would prefer to pay the fines for not showing up. I am not saying that none of these guys DONT sign....because I know for a fact that I have always gotten any of these guys if I wanted them. In Gary Carters case however...he does NOT sign cards. (unless you pay the donation as mentioned above.) This is in honor of his sister (I believe) or some other family member. This has been going on with him for quite some time. Like I said..he WILL sign other items..just NOT cards. Most people will give him another item is all. It really has nothing to do with the Ducks or the league being fan friendly. Nor does it have anything to do with his contract. He'll sign..just NOT cards. He'll be accessible at games and community events.....of course..he just won't sign cards unless you pay the 25 dollars...thats all I am saying. Its a personal preference for him.

Comment

I met Gary at a ESPN Q&A at Disney a few years back and he was as nice as could be. He signed my '86 Yearbook and requested to sign my Mets jersey.

Like anyone, I'm sure that his mood may vary depending on the situation, but I'd imagine that he'd be happy to sign anything if he's got the time.

Just don't ask him if he's going to manage the Mets someday!

Comment

Yeah...EXCEPT for cards.

Comment

Considering that three of your four career posts assert that Gary will NOT sign cards, I'll take your word for it.

Comment

Geez I just joined...whats the problem?

Comment

I guess we'll find out once the season starts. My money says that when my kid flashes him his Duck manager card and a sharpie, he smiles and signs. There is no way Carter stands next to the dugout at Citi and says yes - yes - no - no - no - no -yes to the Duck fans. You can bet on it.

Comment

Originally posted by gorphils View Post
                      Geez I just joined...whats the problem?
                      I think what the issue is that you've posted on three separate occasions that Gary Carter will not sign cards. I think that you're first post was sufficient to make that point. In reality, Mr. Carter does not sign cards produced after 1984 without a donation of $25 to the Luekemia Society in memory of his mother, who he was very close with and died from Luekemia.

However, I do agree that he probably won't stand there at the field and say yes, I will sign this item, but no, I won't sign your 1988 Topps card. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Thanks for all of the input. When it comes to a player of Gary's Stature. I usually only get balls signed. I save the cards for the guys who are not worth a $15 OMLB.
                        Not all players for the Ducks do sign. Like Gorphils mentioned, the Ducks do have a auto's every Sunday on the Field and non of the Big name players sign. Everett, Edgardo and Hildago are the biggest names and I never got them even at the Sunday event.
                        Well, Hopefully he signs and it would be great if he signs like Buddy does.
                        Buddy sits on a chair next to the dugout before every game and signs every thing.
                        sigpic
                        As of 1/11/15 7369 Autographs and Growing!! 6472 of which are Baseball!
                        164 Pieces of Sports Memorabilia

Check out my Ebay listings!! Seller ID Howiek1227

Some of my Memorabilia Collection
                        http://photobucket.com/HowiesMemo
                        Check out my new Blog
                        www.strongislandgrapher.blogspot.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X