Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 TTM success AND send out threads (poll)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 TTM success AND send out threads (poll)

2009 is fast approaching us. For 2008 we have done monthly ttm success threads, and for the send out thread we did a entires year worth. What do YOU want for 2009? Monthly threads? Or yearly threads?
    Vote for only 2 options. And this poll will close on New Years eve.
    TTM success threads hould be MONTHLY
    52.63%
    We should just dedicate ONE yearly thread for the ttm successes.
    0.00%
    TTM send out threads should be monthly.
    15.79%
    The ttm send out thread should be yearly.
    31.58%

The poll is expired.

Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Success threads=Monthly

Sendout Threads=Yearly
    "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
    -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

I voted for the status quo, as well.
      Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

i voted;

successes; monthly
        send-out : yearly

i like things like they are. if it aint broke why fix it?
        "Hero's get remembered, but legends never die. Remember that kid , and you'll never go wrong.":cap:

Comment

Originally posted by 14Bravesfan14 View Post
          if it aint broke why fix it?
          I agree wholeheartedly.
          sigpic
          Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

Comment

I like the way it is now.
            My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

Success thread is nice - but I don't really see a purpose or use for the send out thread.
              sigpic
              Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
              Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                I don't really see a purpose or use for the send out thread.
                This forum is for YOU guys. So I value EVERY opinion whether positive or negative. So on that note; may I ask why you feel this way?
                Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                  Success thread is nice - but I don't really see a purpose or use for the send out thread.
                  When I'm going to send to someone, I often do a search of this forum before I do so. That way, I can see if anyone has had a success with the person I'm writing. The "send off" thread is handy because they come up in my search, too...and if I see several "sent to" posts with no "success" posts for a certain player, I can be pretty sure they don't sign. Saves me a bunch of stamps!

Comment

I agree with MadHatter. Love the MONTHLY success. I never look at the SEND Thread. I see Mike D's point but look at some successes that take several months to return...took a year to get back Goose.

Plus on another site I have checked the SENT to and saw no returns for the past 2 years. I sent anyway and actually got a return and a great auto.
                    Always collecting Yankees...
                    Especially: Jeter, Posada, Munson, Melky Cabrera, Mattingly

Check out:
                    Waiting For The Mail Man: Our TTM Site
                    My Baseball Card Site

Good Traders : Dalkowski110, dmbfan, Freakazoid1014, actually I have had too many good trades to list everyone...

Comment

With the send out thread, I guess I just don't understand why we wouldn't have it. If some user's like it, great, they can use it. Those who don't can feel free to ignore it.

Comment

"When I'm going to send to someone, I often do a search of this forum before I do so. That way, I can see if anyone has had a success with the person I'm writing. The "send off" thread is handy because they come up in my search, too...and if I see several "sent to" posts with no "success" posts for a certain player, I can be pretty sure they don't sign. Saves me a bunch of stamps!"

I also do this to some extent. However, the real importance of the send out thread, to me, is that I get a general idea of how long it takes to get back successes.
                        "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
                        -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

I voted monthly on both options. I kinda like the way it is, but wouldn't mind change should it come.

Comment

TTM Success- Monthly
                            Send Out- Yearly

I like seeing who someone is sending to and you can tell them your history of success/failure with that athlete.
                            Quest for 27
                            Winners make goals, losers make excuses.

Comment

I like the monthly idea on both counts....at least in my opinion it makes things a little easier to sort through, rather than having one long thread with many pages. just my 2 cents.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X