No announcement yet.

Meiselman vs. SCN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coincidentally, I've been using Smalling's updated list for the past four years and haven't had any problems whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
      Coincidentally, I've been using Smalling's updated list for the past four years and haven't had any problems whatsoever.
      Well, it seems that the only thing that you & I have in common is that our team comes from Flushing.
      Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
        I'm not going to support someone like him.

Long story short - I like tracking down my own addresses for retired minor leaguers (I even have my own site based on that), but on another forum I asked for some help with some. He came back with a retort insinuating that anyone who doesn't use his book and his book alone are "amateurs who guess and use search engines like Zabasearch and 411USA", and he then says the methods we use are "pathetic and outdated".

He then goes on to gloat about how he is so awesome and so wonderful and acts like a total you-know-what to anyone who dares to question him.

I like modesty and respect in a person. Harvey has neither one of those, and therefore I will not buy his product on principal alone.

Oh yeah, and I don't know if you can openly advertise websites on this site, but for anyone who is wondering what my minor league site is (if anyone is wondering at all), type in "minor league addresses" on Google and click the first thing that comes up.
        Why would he help you out when you are basically trying to set yourself up as his competition? It's a bit like Coca-Cola asking Pepsi to help them figure out bottling methodologies, isn't it?
        sigpic
        Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
        Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
          Why would he help you out when you are basically trying to set yourself up as his competition? It's a bit like Coca-Cola asking Pepsi to help them figure out bottling methodologies, isn't it?
          Interesting...
          Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
            I didn't ask him for help. I didn't want his help. I asked the other website's members for help. He felt the need to interject and be an absolute jerk for no reason.

This is what it was: it was a thread where the website's owner (who, thankfully, really has nothing to do with Harvey) would use his search database (which costs him 30 dollars a month) and look for addresses for us (which would cost us 'fantasy' money we earn for posting on the site).

And just remember who came out with the retired minor league address lists first...

It wasn't Harvey.
            Last edited by Cowtipper; 01-10-2009, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X