X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May I please have your autograph?

Some of you might recall this thread:
    http://baseball-fever.com/showthread...ign+my+card%3F

Since that thread died out 2 yrs ago, I figured that I would create a new one to see if our views have changed. And since we have received some new members to the world of ttm.

So if you were a minor league or mlb player and you received an auograph request in the mail... would you sign and return the cards? Would you not even open the envelope and throw it out? Have the ball boy sign them for you? Also would you honor ttm requests at home and at the ballpark, or the stadium only?

Me: My views have not changed. I would sign a maximum of two cards. And for all photos I would personalize them to deter selling on eBay. And I would have them send the mail to my po box and at the stadium. So what about you?
    Absolutely!
    100.00%
    No way. I'm a non-signer.
    0.00%
    I would use a ghost signer or autopen.
    0.00%
    Talk to my agent.
    0.00%
    Last edited by AutographCollector; 05-15-2009, 09:28 AM.
    Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

I would sign only one card or pic per request and personalize everything. I know that there are some people who can erase the personalizations but I'd still do it anyways.

Comment

Seeing as I'm writing a book and have two publishers interested, there is actually a possibility that someone may ask for me to sign said book. I'd sign, personalize, and put whatever inscription the other person wanted in there, but I would only sign one per person (seriously though, who sends an author multiple copies of the same book to sign?).
      "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
      -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

I would sign two cards per person, personalize when asked, and have a 99% success rate on SCN.
        My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

I'll sign - and I'll prove it. PM me and I'll send you my address. Send me whatever you want and I'll return it with a signature. I'll even sign other people's names if requested.

I might be tempted, though, to keep random cards of my own that I didn't already have. So I might be one of those players who signs only one card and keeps the rest to give our or just to complete my collection.

Did that make sense...? My medicine has got be thinking all fuzzy-brained today.
          sigpic
          Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
          Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

I'll follow Bobby Doerr and sign everything sent to me- 1 or 20, thus depreciating its value except to collectors that just want to COLLECT them------- seriously though, I have signed for people, cuz GOSH DARN IT, I'm an artist and I guess there's some inherent value in my sig :twocents: at least thats what I keep telling myself---lol

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Innings View Post
              and have a 99% success rate on SCN.
              LOL!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
              Seeing as I'm writing a book and have two publishers interested, there is actually a possibility that someone may ask for me to sign said book. I'd sign, personalize, and put whatever inscription the other person wanted in there, but I would only sign one per person (seriously though, who sends an author multiple copies of the same book to sign?).
              When your book gets published let me know and I will buy a copy. And have you sign it.

Comment

Sure! It's a book about Steve Dalkowski, due out in 3-5 years, so it's baseball related. I'd sign for all you guys!
                "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

of course i would .... i would sign for anyone who would want it......i wouldnt sign like 20 or anything like 3 or 4 max .........i would keep a file on everyone that have requested to make sure i am not being take advantage of .....

i dont see what the big deal is all it is signing your name then putting the cards in the envelope then sealing n leaving on top of your mailbox , dropping in a box , etc.......

we ask players to do this for us all the time.......pretty sellfish if you wouldnt do it yourself imo

Comment

Originally posted by skidds View Post
                    i dont see what the big deal is all it is signing your name then putting the cards in the envelope then sealing n leaving on top of your mailbox , dropping in a box , etc.......

we ask players to do this for us all the time.......pretty sellfish if you wouldnt do it yourself imo
                    Very good points that you have. But you will always find at least one person who is silly like that.

Comment

I would sign as many as time permits. When I get autos in person, I always ask the players if they have time to sign. I've found that to be more effective than just "Can I please have your autograph?"
                      WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

I'd sign as many as people can throw at me. If they're dealers and want to sell my autographs, well, I despise them...but I'd still sign as many as people want.

Comment

I'd sign away, especially for kids.

Mike
                          I collect Cards, Autographs and memorabilia of:
                          New York Yankees
                          Mark Teixeira
                          Tino Martinez
                          Roberto Clemente

Comment

It would really depend on my financial situation --

If I was a new ball-player, I feel like 1 hour per week.. maybe 10-15 minutes a day, is fair for TTM.

If I was an older ball player, a player that wasn't paid all that much; I'd charge a lot for my signature, or whatever the market would bear. I'm not sure what the pension plan's like, but I'd be pretty bitter seeing these crappy young kids making 10 Million before they even throw a pitch while I'm sitting at home with 250 career wins and barely getting a nickel.

I would also give an incredibly messy, and unauthenticatable? to anyone over the age of 20. I'd carry around a fading sharpie with me, an orange sharpie, and sign w/ that.

Comment

"and unauthenticatable?"

Almost impossible. Trust me. Even if you block-printed your initials, there's generally some type of giveaway from the way you hold out a pen, the angle you sign at, etc.

Generally, a signature not capable of being authenticated is also only signed once or twice, too.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X