No announcement yet.

May I please have your autograph?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So does anyone know of any players dumping their own autographs on eBay?
    Clyde's Stale Cards - A blog about the international world of baseball cards.

Comment

Honestly, I don't know. The closest I know of is Phil Linz, who told me he actually enjoyed seeing his autographs sell on eBay.
      "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
      -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

i am sure it happens.... i know a few mma fighters that have sold some autographed and fight used mem to make some cash....... i could see an older or strugging player doing the same

Comment

Originally posted by DaClyde View Post
          So does anyone know of any players dumping their own autographs on eBay?
          Interesting question. I'd love to know the answer to that one.

Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
          The closest I know of is Phil Linz, who told me he actually enjoyed seeing his autographs sell on eBay.
          That's rare. That's the #1 reason why most players charge fees. People making $ from their sigs.
          Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

I know of a certain football player who signs ttm and ip, but he studies your face and items ip and if he see it on eBay (which he checks daily), the next time he sees you asking for his auto, or gets a letter from you ttm, he will not sign
            sigpic
            TTM Is Like A Box Of Chocolates, You Never Know What You're Gonna Get

http://www.freewebs.com/joesttmandipautographs/

2009 Orioles: 60/60 100% ... So Far

Trusted Traders: Mike D., Zito75, MadHatter, icecool1994, Coachsmallhead, The Commisioner, Kearns643, Edsachs1, chucksk8er, Rockhound, KidCavalier23, Extra Innings

2000 and Counting

Comment

"That's rare."

It definitely is. Outside Phil Linz, I'm not familiar with a single player who likes their autograph being resold in any form, to say nothing of eBay. Now, I *do* know that a few of the older guys are interested to see what their BASEBALL CARDS sell for in general (Steve Dalkowski, Herm Starrette, Billy DeMars, Billy Scripture, and Ray Youngdahl were all interested in knowing what their cards booked for), but not their autographs.
              Last edited by Dalkowski110; 06-11-2009, 09:46 PM.
              "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
              -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X