Frustration with Topps "Support"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topherkris View Post
    Seriously, what do you even do with the cards you pull from UD?
    At least I get SOMETHING from UD

<It's 99% Junk, unless you get crazy lucky and pull a Strasburg (congrats)>

Thanks, man!

<A Piece of History has been incredibly kind to me, but is there any reason why Two Gold Member Cards are in sequential boxes, in the same case?>

Only Austin Powers knows
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Maybe it's just because you generally get the swatches?

Have you checked any of Topps Series 2? They put a lot more 4-in-1 type Jerseys and what not into the packs..

Unfortunately, with the way they cut the swatches there's no specific place to press to find them.

At least with Spectrum, A P of H, Series 1&2, and SPX..

there's only a couple different places where the swatches are.

Comment

Unfortunately, with the way they cut the swatches there's no specific place to press to find them.

At least with Spectrum, A P of H, Series 1&2, and SPX..

there's only a couple different places where the swatches are.
        Gee, apparently I'm not the ONLY guy who "takes all the good ****"
        Hey, you could write Topps a letter . . .
        Last edited by RuthMayBond; 06-11-2009, 11:17 AM.
        Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by RuthMayBond View Post
          Oh, so you've been on ebay? :

Do NOT mention Topps in the same breath with Upper Deck
          Why does UD put the hologram on the back of the Goudey baseball cards? It ruins the entire card set for me. And the fact that they went back to normal sized cards, and the pictures themselves look like crap. And something about how flimsy the cards are aren't any good either.

Comment

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but for all Topps' crap this year -- They BLEEEEW UD out of the water on flagships.

I don't consider Jeter, KG Jr. or any of the Topps Cut Sigs in my evaluation..

UD still made nicer looking autos and gu, but their names were crap.

Topps with the quad patch, jumbo swatch, sketch card, wbc, etc etc just killed upper deck and their...

Stephen Stratsburg? 2007 Buy Backs? 1989 Buy backs?
            nd yet you have post #5, and you continue to buy UD

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyhop View Post
              Why does UD put the hologram on the back of the Goudey baseball cards? It ruins the entire card set for me.
              Well, they can't get everything perfect

<And the fact that they went back to normal sized cards>

You must not put yours in regular-size boxes

Comment

oh, I dont pack search -- I just buy a fair amount of boxes, I guess. Canada only has retail Hockey, which I'm not interested in.

The smaller goudeys were nice! Ruining a card from 1933 with a sticker is RIDICULOUS.

Anyways, Topps are still idiots -- and they'll screw you any chance they get but they've still put out superior products.

Upper Deck makes nicer lookin' products, but in the last three months most of my 'good' hits from Upper Deck have been destroyed by their processing machine.

1/10 Phil Hughes Manu Patch? Destroyed..
                1/10 Drew Brees AUto? Destroyed
                /25 Josh Hamilton? Really screwed up.

I honestly can't get excited about an UD hit until I fully examine the card..

Comment

oh, I dont pack search
                  Yeah, but you might have more technique than me

<Canada only has retail Hockey>

It wouldn't be too far for me to move

<Upper Deck makes nicer lookin' products, but in the last three months most of my 'good' hits from Upper Deck have been destroyed by their processing machine.

1/10 Phil Hughes Manu Patch? Destroyed..
                  1/10 Drew Brees AUto? Destroyed
                  /25 Josh Hamilton? Really screwed up.>

Can you send them back for re-dos? (I know, you shouldn't have to)

Comment

I emailed them, but I haven't the fondest idea how they're going to redo random low numbered.

The SP Authentic Hughes is the worst.. It's so annoying because all of the cards in the pack are fine, but the inserts have been pretty bad.

I figure until I get my redemptions from 2008 SP Authentic, or until they release 2009 SPA, they have to consider it an Open for Return Current Year Product.

Comment

I emailed them, but I haven't the fondest idea how they're going to redo random low numbered.

The SP Authentic Hughes is the worst.. It's so annoying because all of the cards in the pack are fine, but the inserts have been pretty bad.

I figure until I get my redemptions from 2008 SP Authentic, or until they release 2009 SPA, they have to consider it an Open for Return Current Year Product.
                      Sorry man, now I have some understanding as to how you feel.

Comment

haha -- It's not like I don't like Upper Deck. Topps just has a better product so far this year..

...and I've had some really awesome pulls from UD this year.

Goudey has yielded a Bob Feller On-Card Auto ... and '08 Goudey yielded an Ozzie Smith On Card.. I haven't pulled a single Will Veneable type auto from that stuff, eventhough it's flooded with them.

It's just unfortunate, at least to me, that SP Authentic is a year end card because I'd definitely buy it over Topps Finest. Finest and Goudey are both priced at 129.99 (CDN) at the Hobby Shop..

Which one would you buy?

I think my problem with UD is that I'm not a Yankee Fan. Derek Jeter Auto Buybacks, or Joe D. game-used Jerseys, really don't do squat for me.

Comment

Finest and Goudey are both priced at 129.99 (CDN) at the Hobby Shop..

Which one would you buy?
                          Um, either something else possibly from Walmart, or continue with single packs

<I think my problem with UD is that I'm not a Yankee Fan. Derek Jeter Auto Buybacks, or Joe D. game-used Jerseys, really don't do squat for me.>

I'm no Yank$ fan, but it'd be hard to resist a DiMaggio swatch. I might even say that he never had to dive :hyper:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X