1951 autographed baseball 24 autographs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1951 autographed baseball 24 autographs

I am trying to find someone to help me determine the value of a baseball signed by 24 players of the 1951 team. I should have possession of the baseball and the appropriate paperwork either this friday or at the latest on Monday the 17th. Could an expert please e-mail me at [email protected], so I can ensure I have all the data you need to help me. PLEASE, ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE APPRECIATED. Thanks, Corey
    Last edited by cormiea; 05-24-2006, 04:16 AM. Reason: no repsonse

No idea on the value man.

The only autographghed base ball I own is one signed by Willie Mays. I was a young kid then and took the street car in San Francisco to get as close to his house as posssible. I was with a buddy and we walked the rest of the way. I had caught a baseball at Candlestick park during batting pratice the week before and brought it with me. We rang the door bell and I was really nervous thinking that maybe the maid would answer the door and shoo us away. Instead Willie himself answered the door and believe it or not he looked at us and said``Say hey"...I was in awe, honestly and said ``Mr. Mays could you sign my baseball. He went to get a pen and came back and signed it "Best Wishes, Willie Mays".

Life long memories my friends.

Comment

This may get a response here.
      Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
      Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
      Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
      Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
      Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by cormiea
        I am trying to find someone to help me determine the value of a baseball signed by 24 players of the 1951 team.
        Um, which 1951 team?
        Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
        Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Originally posted by RuthMayBond
          Um, which 1951 team?
          Sorry. It was posted in the New York Giants forum. I should have included that info in my post after moving it.
          Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
          Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
          Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
          Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
          Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Hello,

You would have to look at the sutographs on the ball. A 1951 New York Giants ball has a premium since it was a pennant winning team. Also, it should have sutographs of he 2 HOFers on the club...Willie Mayes and Monte Irvin/Leo Durocher's utograph wa susually a stamp, on the sweet spot.

Depending on the condition, a '51 Giants ball probably goes for $950-1300.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X