TTM Autographs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TTM Autographs

Does anybody here collect Through the mail autographs. I have been doing it for a number of years and have received back alot of autographs?

Let me know if you do this or if you would like to start. I can help.--jch

JC, this is something I do here and there. I usually send out bunches, then go for months without sending any. My responses have been decent, not great, depite the fact that I don't usually go for marquee players.

One thing I'd like to do is to write to former negro league players, but I don't know where to find their addresses. Do you have a source for these addresses? Any info would be great, thanks.

Comment

I have a book with tons of addy's. If anybody needs some LMK and I will help.--jch

Comment

I've done this before. Back in the late 80's I got players like Will Clark, Cecil Fielder, Gary Gaetti, David Cone and Dennis Eckersley through the mail. I have always sent one or 2 cards with an SASE (of course) straight to the stadium. I also tried Tony Gwynn and Kirby Puckett, and both were returned and marked "return to sender." It's a crap shoot to say the least.
        WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Originally posted by Zito75
          I've done this before. Back in the late 80's I got players like Will Clark, Cecil Fielder, Gary Gaetti, David Cone and Dennis Eckersley through the mail. I have always sent one or 2 cards with an SASE (of course) straight to the stadium. I also tried Tony Gwynn and Kirby Puckett, and both were returned and marked "return to sender." It's a crap shoot to say the least.

I have one success with Gwynn. Signed one card.

Comment

Hey JC. . .

my registration with hobbyinsider.net was revoked. Apparently, my application didn't meet their lofty standards.

Comment

Originally posted by pesky6
              my registration with hobbyinsider.net was revoked. Apparently, my application didn't meet their lofty standards.

Are you serious. That is rediculous. I will take care of that. Let me know if you need any addy's--jch

Comment

Where did ya get the book of adresses. I could use one of those

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegojoe777
                  Where did ya get the book of adresses. I could use one of those
                  Here's the form that I used to get Jack Smalling's 13th address list. http://www.baseballaddresses.com/coverpage.html
                  I love it.

jchurlbert: I have been collecting autographs through the mail since the late 80's. I have a ton of autos on baseball cards, signed 5x7's, and 8x10's that retired and current players have sent me through the mail. (Of course I send two cards for them to sign, and they mostly send me other goodies back). It's a great hobby. If anyone needs advice on who signs, and who doesn't sign please feel free to post here or private message me.
                  ~Tony~
                  P.S.
                  I received one card signed in the mail today from Ned Garver who started in 1948. Check out his stats here: http://www.baseballlibrary.com/baseb...Garver_Ned.stm
                  Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

I do TTM also, I have send cards to get signed for about 2 years, and have over a thousand successes. I have send over a dozen baseballs to get signed as well, with successes from George Brett, Robin Yount, Duke Snider, Bobby Doerr, Billy Williams, Bill Mazeroski, Lee MacPhail, Ryne Sandberg, Carlton Fisk, and George Kell. I am also working on complete signed sets, including the tough 1979 TCMA and 1988/1989/1990 Pacific Legends sets. I am slowly, but surely getting the 2004 Topps baseball set done, as well as the 2003, 2004, and 2005 Topps Fan Favorites sets. If anyone is interested in trading, please shoot me a pm, I have numerous signed cards to trade.

Comment

Originally posted by egautographs
                      I do TTM also, I have send cards to get signed for about 2 years, and have over a thousand successes. If anyone is interested in trading, please shoot me a pm, I have numerous signed cards to trade.
                      Send me a shirt list of autos that your looking for/ Mind you I have mostly signed cards from retired players. pm me or e-mail me at [email protected]
                      Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Originally posted by jchurlbert
                        Does anybody here collect Through the mail autographs. I have been doing it for a number of years and have received back alot of autographs?

Let me know if you do this or if you would like to start. I can help.--jch

hello,
                        I am looking to write 1930's, 1940's players can you help me? my email

[email protected] THANKs!

Comment

Adresses by mail

I have just started to send auto request through the mail, but haven't had much success. I usually only get replies from minor leagers and prospects.
                          I want to send baseballs and 8x10's to the players, because those are worth more, but I'm afraid I won't get replies, and if I don't get replies, that'll just be a waste of money.
                          Any tips?
                          Please send me a private message.

Comment

i'd like to get started

Hey, yeah i havn't tryed through the mail aoutographs but id like to start, how do you find players adresse's?
                            thanks,
                            jim
                            I collect TTM and IP. autogrpahs, right now i have about 125,

Ive been a sox fan my whole life, always have been, always will be.

www.soxpride.com ( a fun site to talk to other sox fans)

Comment

Jack Smalling's #13

I am about to buy this book, Autograph Collector's handbook #13, but I was wondering if it would be the best to buy. Any other current lists you'd recomend, or how this book is?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X