Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm seeing double

Attached Files

On a lesser note, Ive noticed that with a couple Ken Retzer cards.
    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Yes, and thanks to the new "exclusive agreement" between MLB and Topps, we can expect this kind of "innovation" in the future.
      Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D. View Post
        Yes, and thanks to the new "exclusive agreement" between MLB and Topps, we can expect this kind of "innovation" in the future.
        Like I need more of a reason to hate Bottoms
        Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
        Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Hahaha...Topps is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
            Hahaha...Topps is awesome.
            Close.
            Bottoms is aw..ful!!!!!!!!!!
            You stick with Bottoms packs, I'll stick with other brands, we'll see how we end up
            Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
            Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

There are several cards in the 1954, 1955 and 1956 Topps sets that will have you seeing triple.

Comment

Yea, this was common for Topps to use the same picture for multiple cards at the time. Maybe someone has an explanation as to why? Cost saving measure...
                My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

I still see this all the time with current Bowman and Topps cards... a lot of times the Topps & Bowman cards are the same photo, just cropped differently.

Comment

I seen that with an Upper Deck Soriano from 2008 I think, 2 different sets but same pic, actually the pic in one looked as if it was taken half a second after the other.
                    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Originally posted by Cubsfan97 View Post
                      On a lesser note, Ive noticed that with a couple Ken Retzer cards.
                      Yeah, 1963 and 1964.

If anyone else knows any other specific examples (preferably star players), please post them here.

Comment

Originally posted by ipitch View Post
                        Yeah, 1963 and 1964.

If anyone else knows any other specific examples (preferably star players), please post them here.
                        '68 and '69 Topps Hank Aaron

'64 and '65 Topps Phil Niekro
                        My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

1954-55-56 Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Innings View Post
                            Yea, this was common for Topps to use the same picture for multiple cards at the time. Maybe someone has an explanation as to why? Cost saving measure...
                            Why not? If no one really cares and if it saves money, then go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Innings View Post
                              '68 and '69 Topps Hank Aaron

'64 and '65 Topps Phil Niekro
                              Thanks. They flipped the Niekro picture. I wonder if they did that on purpose.

Hey, what are you looking at, tough guy?....
                              Attached Files

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X